yummy brown rice

Options
tara4487
tara4487 Posts: 118 Member
i've always hated brown rice but one day i expmented with it and it came out delious!!

boiil a bag of uncle bens brown rice then fluff with fork

add a tsp of minced garlic

pinch of red peper flakes makes spicy

pinch of salt and peper

i like to add red kidny beans too

it taste so delious you gotta try it i usually make it wth some chicken great for dinner

Replies

• freakoutadams
    Options
    Sounds perfect. I'm gonna give it a shot. And I like brown rice just as it is! :D
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    For lunch each day, I eat black beans, long grain brown rice, & salsa mixed. I LOVE it and it is healthy!
  • kimberlyAjohnson
    kimberlyAjohnson Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm going to bump this because I freakin' hate brown rice :/
  • helbohn
    helbohn Posts: 44
    Options
    add cilantro or parsley! they do wonders! :-)
  • tara4487
    Options
    it is really good i love rice i eat it wth everything (white rice) but now that im on my diet i still wanted rice and i hated plain brown rice and i tried this and its perfect
  • tara4487
    Options
    salsa mixed with the rice i def have to try that never thought of it
  • jfer1977
    jfer1977 Posts: 139
    Options
    We also like to mix in shredded 2% cheese and dry ranch mix.
  • monocot
    monocot Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    i always bake my Rice with a shot of Low Sodium Chicken Stock and a shot worth of Tomato Juice, Pepper.Chili Flakes Then near the end add Mushrooms, Red and Green pepper and a bit of onion. Neat the last 10 minutes so the veggies get cooked as well
  • Rebjones612
    Rebjones612 Posts: 408
    Options
    bump!
  • MeRevisitedAgain
    MeRevisitedAgain Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a 4 day detox which calls for 2 cups of brown rice for dinner and any type of bean. I actually boiled the rice in chicken stock, added garlic, cayenne, salt and pepper and poured my 1 cup of light red kidney beans over the rice and expected the worse. OMG...soo yummy. Your right, adding a few simple spices makes the difference.
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    That sounds awesome! And I totally agree with the comment about cilantro. It's my favorite herb and I just started a mini garden in my kitchen with nothing but cilantro so I can make salsas this summer.

Thanks for the recipe!!!!