Is it possible to reverse diet up to maintaining on 3,000 calories?

Options
Is it possible for a 5 ft girl who is currently eating 1,510 calories to maintain able to reverse diet up to 3,000 calories for maintaining? How could I do this?

Replies

• joneallen
    joneallen Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Go check out Layne Norton on YouTube. He has so many tips and charts showing the best way to reverse diet. Some of his clients are unbelievable.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    No...

to maintain on 3,000 calories you would have to be extremely active...like have a very active job and workout a ton to boot.

The only way you're going to be able to simply "reverse diet" to maintain on 3,000 calories is if you get really fat...then you would probably be able to maintain on 3,000 calories.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Cycle three hours a day, every day, and you could probably manage it.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    The bigger question is why and where you're coming up with that number and do you even know what reverse dieting is bc many throw it around here with no knowledge. Maintenance ranges vary depending on activity level, age, LBM etc.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I did this when I was recovering from an ED, but I was eating less than 1500 calories per day when I started and it took nearly a year to get to 2500 per day. I am 5'7" and purged by exercise so I didn't gain to a healthy weight for closer to 2 years. Can you do it? Maybe, but I would consult a weight management clinic before I tried it. My doc was great about keeping me on the straight and narrow. I had no trouble jumping from 800 to 1400, my roommate made me drink a milkshake daily, but the next 1100 calories were a long tome of force feeding.
  • holdenalarva
    Options
    Is it possible for a 5 ft girl who is currently eating 1,510 calories to maintain able to reverse diet up to 3,000 calories for maintaining? How could I do this?

How much do you weigh? You're too short. I'm 5' 7" and went from 147lb to 163lb and I'm at 2700 maintenace.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options

How much do you weigh? You're too short. I'm 5' 7" and went from 147lb to 163lb and I'm at 2700 maintenace.

In all honesty it doesn't matter what you maintain at. I'm 5'2, 135lb 34 yo female and I maintain at 2500 cals and only lift 3-4 hrs a week if that, no other crazy activity. Plus this time last year I had trouble gaining in my bulk at 3000 cals around the same weight. You can't compare your maintence with another's bc as it was mentioned before there are MANY factors that play into it.

• kittenful
    kittenful Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    HMVOL7409 wrote: »

In all honesty it doesn't matter what you maintain at. I'm 5'2, 135lb 34 yo female and I maintain at 2500 cals and only lift 3-4 hrs a week if that, no other crazy activity. Plus this time last year I had trouble gaining in my bulk at 3000 cals around the same weight. You can't compare your maintence with another's bc as it was mentioned before there are MANY factors that play into it.

^^This. I can maintain on 2500 and I'm a 5'2", 116 lb , 29 yo female. Level of activity and consistency makes the difference, as does genetics, how heavy one may or may not lift, etc.