30 Day Shred Motivation

Options
jlprovost
jlprovost Posts: 109 Member
I finally decided to buy Jillian Michael's 30 day shred after hearing so many good things and amazing result stories. I plan on starting on Friday May 6th. That way I will have enough time to get my measurements and have an accurate weight. I am hoping to get "bikini ready" and just tone up. If anyone wants to join me this month please feel free, the more motivation and support the better we all are! Just post your weight and measurements and plan on starting on Friday!

Replies

• FullOfSpice
    FullOfSpice Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I just started it yesterday too! I did Level One on Exercise TV, but I ordered the full DVD today. I should be getting it by May 6th and hope to get good results. Keep me posted!
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I'm starting it as soon as I get the DVD in from Netflix, which should be in like a day or so. :)
  • vlaura
    vlaura Posts: 93
    Options
    I ordered the DVD today, but I think amazon is going to be lazy and I will not receive it before next week. But I'll be there to cheer ya'll up if you need it. I'm very excited to start it too :bigsmile:
  • aanddplusoanda
    aanddplusoanda Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is Day 13 for me. You can do it and you will enjoy it and the reults you will get :)
  • jlprovost
    Options

Love your blog on it! That is a great idea!!
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I'm on the last few days of it... and I have some advice... You will get the BEST results by doing it EVERY day... and also, MAKE YOURSELF PUSH THROUGH THE PAIN... the first few days are rough and you WILL wake up sore and barely able to move, but I promise you, if you push through that and do the workout anyway a few minutes in it WILL be better and a few days in and the pain will be gone. If you skip a day or two to get over the soreness, it will just hang on longer. It IS a blast though, and SO worth it, so have fun! :)
  • amarie35
    amarie35 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I rented it w/ Netflix & loved it! :happy: I plan on buying the dvd when I finish the 9 week challenge Easy Sports Active 2 game. I still have like 6 weeks left & it in itself is literally kicking my booty.

But, knowing me, I'll end up buying it in a few days. If I do, I will send you a friend request & we can motivate one another. :bigsmile:
  • theresamcd2
    theresamcd2 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Just started it today as well.. I am with ya.. Does anyone know how to track calories lost on this..
    Good Luck!
  • jlprovost
    Options
    I haven't bought the weights for it yet. Does anyone have a suggestion on a good weight size to start out with? I do push up's everyday and like to think I have decent upper body strength. Maybe 5lbs?
  • atabt
    atabt Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am on day 7 and I yesterday I realized I can tighten my belt by an extra hole. Comfortably. As in, all morning, noon and evening, without wanting to loosen it or take it off like I usually do. Talk about motivating!

Good luck, everyone!
  • rachrach66
    rachrach66 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I'm ordering it Friday probably take a week or so for it to come though
  • light_shimmer
    light_shimmer Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Just started it today as well.. I am with ya.. Does anyone know how to track calories lost on this..
    Good Luck!

I've read somewhere on the forum that people are tracking it as circuit training.....I'm debating getting a HRM so I see exactly what I'm burning, but still just debating.
  • light_shimmer
    light_shimmer Posts: 118 Member
    Options

Love your blog on it! That is a great idea!!

Thanks :) I'm terrible with follow through, so I'm going with the "shame myself into it" theory. If people see that I didn't blog a day, they'll know I skipped! *gasp* :blushing:
  • laplotzke
    laplotzke Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started today. I am having problems losing weight and thought a new committment would help. I also started tracking diet again. No more Easter candy! LOL
    Female, age 45, 5'2", 160
  • jlprovost
    Options
    I'm on the last few days of it... and I have some advice... You will get the BEST results by doing it EVERY day... and also, MAKE YOURSELF PUSH THROUGH THE PAIN... the first few days are rough and you WILL wake up sore and barely able to move, but I promise you, if you push through that and do the workout anyway a few minutes in it WILL be better and a few days in and the pain will be gone. If you skip a day or two to get over the soreness, it will just hang on longer. It IS a blast though, and SO worth it, so have fun! :)

Thanks for all the advice! that really helps!
  • michellerieger
    michellerieger Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • laplotzke
    laplotzke Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have a HRM and the cal burned doesn't seem right. Someone posted a mathematical way. Here it is:
    If you want to find out how many calories you burn, compare it to the standard.. set up as a preportion
    154 lbs your weight
    ______ = _________
    503 calor ies x (how many calories)

cross multiply to get 154x= 503 *your weight
    divide your weight answer by 154
    that will be how many calories your burn in one hour
    divide by 3 to find out how many calories you will burn in one 20 minute session
    Example:
    Current Weight 248

503 * 248 = 124744
    124744/154 = 810.03
    810.03/3 - 270

So you would burn 270 calories doing one 20 minute set program. This is just a general # to work with.
  • jlprovost
    Options
    I have a HRM and the cal burned doesn't seem right. Someone posted a mathematical way. Here it is:
    If you want to find out how many calories you burn, compare it to the standard.. set up as a preportion
    154 lbs your weight
    ______ = _________
    503 calor ies x (how many calories)

cross multiply to get 154x= 503 *your weight
    divide your weight answer by 154
    that will be how many calories your burn in one hour
    divide by 3 to find out how many calories you will burn in one 20 minute session
    Example:
    Current Weight 248

503 * 248 = 124744
    124744/154 = 810.03
    810.03/3 - 270

So you would burn 270 calories doing one 20 minute set program. This is just a general # to work with.

wow! I've never seen it done that way... Thank you for taking the time to do that!
  • aanddplusoanda
    aanddplusoanda Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I haven't bought the weights for it yet. Does anyone have a suggestion on a good weight size to start out with? I do push up's everyday and like to think I have decent upper body strength. Maybe 5lbs?

This time around I started out with 5 pound weights. I have poor upper body strength and I struggle with it. The first time I did it I used 3 pound weights and that seemed like it wasn't enough.

I also use a HRM to track my calories burnt. If you don't have one you can track it as circuit training.