Shower... Hot, Warm or Cold

Options
jpaulie
jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
I have always taken hot showers but have heard of the health benefits of cold showers.

what Temperature do you like your shower?

Replies

• LandyBreigh
    LandyBreigh Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hot! I hate it when the water gets even slightly warm or cold. Brrrr!
  • 9mike
    9mike Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    hot shower for me
  • EZDUZIT68
    EZDUZIT68 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Warm. Sensitive skin and all...
  • victal
    victal Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Very hot for me >:)
  • CooperSprings
    CooperSprings Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    As hot as I can stand.
  • mrsKOrtiz
    mrsKOrtiz Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Warm/Cold... I imagine myself under a waterfall.. lol
  • CupcakeCardio
    CupcakeCardio Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I like a warm shower to get clean but once im all done I turn it up as hot as it goes and just stand in the water as my skin turns red and I relax for a few minutes and just breath and de-stress from the day
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Both...I take warm showers in the morning and usually cold showers after a hard session in the weight room as it does help in recovery. I take an ice bath about once per week, usually after my Saturday session which is my most intense workout of the week...an ice bath is also in order after a good long ride on the bike.

Just be careful when you start reading about the "health benefits" of X, Y, or Z...often these "benefits" are very much exaggerated and anecdotal at best. I know that one of the touted health benefits of a cold shower is burning fat and increased metabolism...which is true to an extent, but really you're talking about a mere handful of calories here...it's not like you're burning up 100s of calories taking a cold shower...but with a lot of the things you read, you would think so.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I HATE showers so much, always have! I feel like the water is attacking me and the moment of getting in gives me anxiety. Crazy, yes. But I only take maybe 6-7 showers per year - either when I am coloring my hair at home and have to rinse it out, or on the rare occasion that I have to stay in a hotel without a tub in the room.

I do take a bath every single day and like it hot to warm.

• 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Hot or warm.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Right now, as hot as my body stands... during the warmer weather- as cold as my body stands.
  • Relajuice
    Relajuice Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hot..Although it is proven that taking cold showers increases your metabolism. Your body has to burn calories in order to bring your body temperature up. I go as hot as I can then finish with cold.
  • AlgoRhythmik
    AlgoRhythmik Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    Hot normally
    Cool post workout
    Luke warm post "fun activities"
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Relajuice wrote: »
    Hot..Although it is proven that taking cold showers increases your metabolism. Your body has to burn calories in order to bring your body temperature up. I go as hot as I can then finish with cold.

But really, how many more? This was what I was talking about earlier...people read that you burn more calories and it seems like the assumption is that it's hundreds of calories or something...when in reality, it's a pretty negligible number and people would be far better off focusing their energies elsewhere...like to an actual killer workout for which maybe an ice bath or cold shower would be beneficial to recovery.
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,470 Member
    Options
    Warm unless I'm hot from working out or being outside, then it's a cold shower. My husband likes his showers so hot that I sometimes can't stay in there with him.
  • fitbit8
    fitbit8 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Hot right now....way too cold outside!!
  • 50goneby715
    Options
    Usually hot showers in colder months and a cooler shower in warmer months. But I always, finish with a cold rinse. I turn the hot off completely and stand until the cold is as cold as it'll get. I do a twirl in the cold and turn it off.
  • ThePoeToaster
    ThePoeToaster Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Yeah. I think we're running out of interesting topics...
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,470 Member
    Options
    Yeah. I think we're running out of interesting topics...

That happened about 5k threads ago.

• sw33tp3a11
    sw33tp3a11 Posts: 4,646 Member
    Options
    Warm through out but at the end before I get out I put it as cold as I can take it. It wakes me up completely!