Christmas weight gain albs

Options
This just proves, I can't eat to my appetite. I thought I would just not worry about it, and eat whatever was served if I felt like it. I started to get stomach ache yesterday and yesterday and today weighed myself, 7lbs in just a few days! I didn't consider it "bingeing" and I am a binder, but obviously it has been.

My husband has been eating whatever too and hasn't gained any weight.

It just shows I have to be mindful all the time....I though I would share in case others are like me!

Replies

• kalieahh
    kalieahh Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    i feel you, i know exactly what you mean, You should join my new group! its to motivate others, its a 100 day challenge. We are going to be documenting our weights via google spreadsheets! add me as a friend:)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    As someone who is up 4lbs after two days of letting go a little for 2 meals (not quantity as much as choices ...darn you cheese and bacon wrapped sausages and nibbles) I have to say it's not real!

Get back on the bandwagon

Don't try to make up for it with fewer calories

Drink lots of water again and weigh again in a week
  • Jupither
    Jupither Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I agree with rabbitjb, the weight (or at least some of it) is probably not real weight gain. You may have eaten a lot more salt and had some alcohol which will cause your body to retain water. Drinking a lot of water and tea in the next few days will take care of that. Also some may be food weight! Meat takes longer to digest...
    Don't worry too much. Weigh yourself again in a couple of days and it may just be back to normal
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    It's water retention.
  • manicurefan
    manicurefan Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I, too, am showing a gain after eating/drinking things I am not used to. I like the idea of drinking lots of water and tea and not cutting back drastically on calories. I also plan to change up my workout routine to add cardio every day this week. (I usually rotate cardio, strength, and stretch each day. I'll add some cardio to my strength and stretch days.)
  • Verysalty
    Verysalty Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    It's Christmas! it happens, I gained 4lbs but I'm back tracking again from today. And that will drop off quickly enough. There is 0 point in worrying about it. Just be good for the rest of the year
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Up by 2 pounds. No big deal.
  • tigerlily_
    tigerlily_ Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Same here! I've been really good for the last month, but eaten so much over the past 4 days! (Even surpassed 3,000 calories on Christmas Eve, jeez). I'm definitely not weighing myself for at least another week until the water weight and bloat has had time to settle. And I'm back under my calorie limit as of today. :)
  • LifeInTheBikeLane
    LifeInTheBikeLane Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Went from 152 to 155 from Christmas. Drank a lot of water and started back at the gym as soon as it opened. Right back to 153 and I'm sure I'll be back to 152 in a day or so. It's not real, don't let it discourage you. Let it make you want to work out and try that much harder!
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    You do realize that most of that is going to be water retention from glycogen stores replenishing, right? It's temporary. I think it's a bit premature to be freaking out about a few days worth of higher calorie intake.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I gained two pounds. Since there's no way I ate 7000 calories over maintenance, I know it's mostly water.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    You really ate over 12,000 calories a day? That would be impressive or it's water retention.....
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Some of that may be water weight. If you take in tons of sodium, your body fights it with extra water. Once you go back to eating normally again, there isn't too much salt and is no longer a need for the extra water, so your weight drops again.

When in doubt, call the doctor, though.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    So what? I'm up 5+ pounds, and likely 1+ lbs of that will be actual gain (I REALLY went all out for 3 days). Just get back to business as usual with no regrets; that's my plan.

Actually, all my lovely glycogen will be put to good use today--I'm going for a long run, since I'm feeling the urge to do so (1,000+g of carbs over three days will do that for me, lol).
  • FaylinaMeir
    FaylinaMeir Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I actually lost 1/2 lb BUT I'm puffy from salt. Your weight gain is probably water retention. In a few days / a week it'll go away.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Food has weight to it. When you eat, you "weigh" more. You also need to factor in all the bodily waste still inside you, water retention, ect. This all factors into your weight.

Unless you ate a calorie surplus of 24,500 in a few days, you didn't gain weight in fat.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Food has weight to it. When you eat, you "weigh" more. You also need to factor in all the bodily waste still inside you, water retention, ect. This all factors into your weight.

Unless you ate a calorie surplus of 24,500 in a few days, you didn't gain weight in fat.

Quit applying logic and science to MFP. It's all about toxins and instant fat gain that is disproportionate to the caloric surplus. Duh.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Up 2 pounds day after christmas, down 2 pounds this morning, I probably ate between 5,000-7,000 delicious calories. It's water weight it will come off in due time. ;)
  • hotasfire36
    hotasfire36 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    it is water

• Lipstickcherry
    Lipstickcherry Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I gained 4.4 lbs. In 1 week. Cane in here to be reassured it is mostly water. Am back on track though...