Strength exercises

Options
I've never understood this, but why don't strength exercises burn calories (when input into MFP). I'm relatively new to strength training, so I'm just wondering if I'm missing something or inputting it wrong?

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    The strength training part of the diary is just for recording your workout. Only the cardiovascular section gives you a calorie burn estimate which is added to your allowance for the day.
    You can find "Strength training (weight lifting, weight training)" and "circuit training, general" in the CV exercises. Pick the one that best suits your style of workout.

Just beware it's effectively impossible to judge the calorie burn from strength training so don't get hung up on accuracy.
  • joneallen
    joneallen Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    Just beware it's effectively impossible to judge the calorie burn from strength training so don't get hung up on accuracy.

This. And everyone is going to burn a different amount due to weight, age, rep range, time between sets, etc. There are so many factors, that it's just too hard for some online calculator to get right.
  • gin_fb33
    Options
    Ahh okay, that makes sense. Thank you for the help :)