moms age 24-35

Options
brittanystrick13
brittanystrick13 Posts: 8 Member
edited December 2014 in Getting Started
I need friends who log daily that are moms! I have no motivation except looking at my husband who can drop 5 lbs because he thought about it!

Replies

• brittanystrick13
    Options
    I would love healthy recipes that are also toddler friendly.
  • DoriCash
    DoriCash Posts: 8
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I don't know how healthy it is exactly, but my kids love it and it works great when we're short on time for bath and bed. It takes about 30 mins, kinda like spaghetti does. I normally grab two boxes of mac-n-cheese (we do kraft), get some frozen mixed vegetables and a hotdog per person who'll be eating the meal (normally 4). After getting them all cooked in their own pans, drained, and hotdogs are sliced length- and width-wise , I mix them all up together in the same pan I cooked the mac-n-cheese in.

The first time I did this I was just starting college and called it college goulash. I'm back in college again, as is my husband, but thought kitchen goulash would make more sense to our kiddos. :)
  • brittanystrick13
    Options
    Sounds yummy! We use kraft as well so we may try this soon Thanks!
  • sarah72085
    sarah72085 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel! I have two young kids and it's hard to find time for mom. My husband loses weight like some people lose pennies and it's so not fair.
  • DoriCash
    Options
    Sounds yummy! We use kraft as well so we may try this soon Thanks!

No problem!
  • rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Healthy toddler friendly foods can really just be what you eat, but in smaller portions. Kids don't always like "new" things and may not eat something, or give it a fair shake, the first few times they see it on their plate. Just put a bite on their plate for starters, try to get them to taste it, but don't freak if they don't. By the fourth or so time, they see it as normal and will usually at least try it. Good luck.

I have found that when my kids were small, texture threw them off more than taste. Especially with meat. It was just too chewy... They loved lunch meat and hotdogs, but not steak or chicken unless we cut it very thin. Salmon was a favorite because it is easy to chew.
  • hellasaarli
    hellasaarli Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have just joined MFP and am also looking to get involved. I have a 5 year old daughter and sometimes it seems that with working full time and looking after a kid, healthy eating takes a back seat. I'm hoping to change that next year and be more organised with my cooking!
  • PandoraGreen721
    PandoraGreen721 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I'll add you! I have a soon to be 5-year old myself.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Well, I'm 35, but will be 36 in a few weeks... and my kids are 10 and 13, so not toddlers anymore. BUT, I used to give my boys the same types of things I was eating - and one of my favorite meals was "trays" which my kids still ask for. I'd cut up some fruit, veggies, meats, cheese, add some dipping stuff (toddlers LOVE to dip) and have 'snack dinner'. :)

Welcome to MFP!
  • DoriCash
    Options
    davis_em wrote: »
    Well, I'm 35, but will be 36 in a few weeks... and my kids are 10 and 13, so not toddlers anymore. BUT, I used to give my boys the same types of things I was eating - and one of my favorite meals was "trays" which my kids still ask for. I'd cut up some fruit, veggies, meats, cheese, add some dipping stuff (toddlers LOVE to dip) and have 'snack dinner'. :)

Welcome to MFP!
    That's something I should try with my kiddos. It'll definitely be different than fish sticks/chicken nuggets and cucumbers/carrots. :smile:
  • mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I need friends who log daily that are moms! I have no motivation except looking at my husband who can drop 5 lbs because he thought about it!

Yep! My husband is the same. He doesn't even have to think about it, ihe's like, "Wow, look at that, I lost 6 pounds and I ate half a x-large pizza for dinner last night... huh, I wonder how that happened?" So annoying! :\
    I log daily - my diet has not been great these past few weeks, but I plan on getting back on track Jan 1. I still log what I'm eating everyday though, even if it's embarrassing... just to stay accountable!
    I have 4 kids, ages 3-11, so I know it's hard. MFP has helped me stay motivated and I'm happy to say I am still down 12 pounds since starting a year ago. I still have about 12-15 more I want to lose, and hope to lose it all in 2015.
    Feel free to add!

• fitmomkay0414
    fitmomkay0414 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    well im 23, I have a 2.5 year old daughter and a 7 month old son! :) feel free to add me!
  • mrsKOrtiz
    mrsKOrtiz Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I'll be 23 in 3 months, I have a 4 year old boy that is so full of life! Feel free to friend me moms out there!
  • kateangel2312
    kateangel2312 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I fit in this band, im 34 with a 6,3 and 1 yr old. Feel free to add!!
  • SArnold41214
    Options
    Im 27 with a 8 month old. It's been so hard to lose this weight it would be great to have a support group to get this weight off. Feel free to add me
  • abigailhe
    abigailhe Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I just got this app today. I'm 35, going back to college and have a 6 year old son. Just got a nutrabullet last week and loving the green smoothies! I have the same issues with trying to get my 6 year old to eat healthy! They just go through phases. I'm trying to lose 40 pounds and every bit of motivation and support would be great. Please add me to the group!
  • DoriCash
    DoriCash Posts: 8
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Oh, probably should introduce myself, huh? :# DoriCash, but Dori is fine. 27, going back to college for my associates and bachelors, and have two little ones, ages 5 and 3. Feel free to add. I would add, but have yet to outsmart my phone past the error I get every time I tried.
  • Cheriels82
    Cheriels82 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Mom of two, (1 and 3)
    I log daily, and have a husband who can eat and eat and not ahow a single pound. I am down 40lbs (mostly pregnancy weight) and have just started into the last 20 or so extra pounds that I have been carrying forever.
    Feel free to add me.
  • jada604
    jada604 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all! First time I ever posted on a board so here goes. My name is Jazmine, 27 and mom of 2 boys, 15 months and almost 5 years old, and I just finished my bachelor's degree May of this year (to all of you college moms you ladies rock for making the effort because its definitely not easy). But yes there is an initial struggle when trying to feed little ones "healthy" food. I would have to agree however with what a couple of moms have said already when they mention they feed their children smaller portions of what they eat. I do that on most days but with a slight twist. If my husband and I have a salmon salad, then I will just make them mashed potatoes and mixed veggies and they will have that with the salmon. Same for chicken; I'll maybe pair with french fries and small veggie salad for them. Breakfast maybe mixed berry salad, banana and yoghurt. Turkey and Veggie spaghetti works good too and can do double duty - dinner one night and lunch the next day. I give them the spaghetti sauce mixed with noodles and spaghetti squash and for myself only sauce with spaghetti squash if I am short on calories.

Believe it or not kids will get used to what ever food you make a habit. I started to get my oldest to eat salad by telling him it is how you get big and strong. Worked like a charm. So did juicing. I would juice cucumber, pear, apple, spinach, carrot and beet. I threw the beet in there to make it red so my oldest would drink it - he didn't like the look of green juice lol. At age 2 he would get a lot of his veggies that way. Don't be scared to do raw finger food like celery, bell peppers, cucumber. It's easy and healthy. Tuna and crackers. I could go on and on. If you need any more ideas feel free to ask and I can post some too. Looking for friends everyone so feel free to add me :)
  • brittanystrick13
    Options
    DoriCash wrote: »
    Oh, probably should introduce myself, huh? :# DoriCash, but Dori is fine. 27, going back to college for my associates and bachelors, and have two little ones, ages 5 and 3. Feel free to add. I would add, but have yet to outsmart my phone past the error I get every time I tried.

Doricash I can't add from here either! I have to go to my diary then click friends the request to type in the name of the person I want to add lol