Military Diet

Options
peaceissues
peaceissues Posts: 77 Member
edited November 2014 in Health and Weight Loss
Has anyone here tried the 3 Day Military Diet?
If yes, did it work?

I ask because today is my first day on it and i want to know if it'll work. I know dieting has different results for everybody, but i would like to at least get some idea of what type of results i could end up with.

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Caloric deficit = weight loss. All that diet is (just looked) is giving you a HUGE deficit for three days. Its ridiculous, but since its only three days of virtually starving, you should live through it.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    All I can tell you is that there is nothing "military" about it...I don't even know why they would call it that. When I was in the military and in the field and training I easily ate upwards of 5,000 calories per day or more...I wasn't sitting around sucking on a grapefruit and calling it a day.
  • weightliftingdiva
    weightliftingdiva Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    All I can tell you is that there is nothing "military" about it...I don't even know why they would call it that. When I was in the military and in the field and training I easily ate upwards of 5,000 calories per day or more...I wasn't sitting around sucking on a grapefruit and calling it a day.

Of all the "diets", this is the one that really just baffles me. I can't imagine reading about this and then actually believing the military uses it for... well... anything.

• nynova
    Options
    My 31 yo niece and her husband did it over the summer, stuck with it and she lost well over 30 lbs. I saw her at thanksgiving and she looks great. This diet is the opposite of binge eating - which got me to where I am now. It is binge reduction of caloric intake.

When I read the grocery list, the food is real food that you would have in your home. It doesn't focus on low fat or no carbs - it focuses on reducing your calories so you don't feel deprived. Seems sensible to me, you reduce your caloric intake severely for three days and eat sensibly for four.

The food on the shopping list is filling, high protein, high fiber and high nutrition - but low calorie. It is quick, easy and a low maintenance way to eat. You are not always in the grocery store looking for unique ingredients or in the kitchen cooking. You are giving your body basic fuel which is really what food should be - fuel - with a little ice cream at the end of the day.

I am going to give it a try, I am on day one and looking forward to progressing on this diet. My plan is to do it every week for the next 12 weeks with light exercise - 3 days on, probably Sunday, Monday and Tuesday which are days I think I can stick with it - 4 days off so I can still socialize with friends and eat a slice of pizza with a beer once in a while and not feel like I completely went off the wagon!

Let me know how you do on it Peace.
  • blueakama
    blueakama Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Hot dogs, ice cream and biscuits? Hmm. :(
  • lewispwest
    lewispwest Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    As someone else said before on these forums "Avoid anything called The ______ Diet"
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Starvation on junk.....
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    "nynova wrote: »

Considering the post is two months old and her ticker says zero pounds lost, I'm thinking not too well. Maybe she (and you) should just try eating regular foods at a manageable and healthy deficit? Instead of 3 straight days of "severe" calorie restriction?
  • lewispwest
    lewispwest Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    "nynova wrote: »

Considering the post is two months old and her ticker says zero pounds lost, I'm thinking not too well. Maybe she (and you) should just try eating regular foods at a manageable and healthy deficit? Instead of 3 straight days of "severe" calorie restriction?

Good point, I never check the post dates, I just presume people aren't going to resurrect dead posts from 2 months back!
  • lifeskittles
    lifeskittles Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...the military doesn't eat like that. Just saying....have you seen what's in an MRE? Lol...
  • bokaba
    bokaba Posts: 171 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    It doesn't look like they specify the United States Military...could be the North Korean Military Diet.
  • Leyshinka
    Leyshinka Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    bokaba wrote: »
    It doesn't look like they specify the United States Military...could be the North Korean Military Diet.

:D That is what I thought too