my fitbit did its job...

Options
2»

Replies

• cheekymoi83
    cheekymoi83 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm looking at the new charge HR fitbit- I heard that tracking heart rate shows how much healthier you are getting; if your resting heart rate decreases then you are getting healthier :-)
  • eslcity
    eslcity Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    i got a fitbit charger... recently... and I love it... but i wish i had waited for the new one that is coming out soon that monitors your heartrate also....
  • cranden
    cranden Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    <3 my fitbit :) I am so much more aware of how active I am. Great way to rack up steps...cleaning!
  • chele402
    chele402 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I got one too!

Feel free to add me!!

https://www.fitbit.com/user/2ZNBVM
  • mom2chrisandnadia
    mom2chrisandnadia Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I also love my fitbit. I'm looking for new friends also

http://www.fitbit.com/user/23FSHS
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    For Pete's sake, if you have to use an app to record driving, why not just use apps to count your steps?

I was given one of these things for Christmas and I'm try to decide if I should bother opening it or just sell it on eBay.

It logs driving as walking?
    You should try it. Most people don't have an issue with it counting steps while driving. If yours does, the company will most likely offer you a warranty replacement if you insist. Or the store will take it back opened.

I've had them for 5 years, multiple devices, and never had an issue with it, but I'm not sure I'd even notice because I watch the overall trends, not the per-minute accuracy. I can see it being an issue if you have an hour+ commute daily and it's padding your step count by thousands. But Fitbit says when it can be a problem is if your roads are bumpy.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I've had them for 5 years, multiple devices, and never had an issue with it, but I'm not sure I'd even notice because I watch the overall trends, not the per-minute accuracy.

Exactly! So many new users overthink the accuracy. I've had a Fitbit Flex (+ a Jawbone UP—yay, data!) for about a year & a half. I get "steps" in the shower, but so what? I shower every single day.

I've lost the weight and kept it off for six months. So my Fitbit burn is my TDEE (total daily energy expenditure), which by definition is the number of calories at which your weight will stabilize. Yay, Fitbit!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    editorgrrl wrote: »
    I've had them for 5 years, multiple devices, and never had an issue with it, but I'm not sure I'd even notice because I watch the overall trends, not the per-minute accuracy.

Exactly! So many new users overthink the accuracy. I've had a Fitbit Flex (+ a Jawbone UP—yay, data!) for about a year & a half. I get "steps" in the shower, but so what? I shower every single day.

I've lost the weight and kept it off for six months. So my Fitbit burn is my TDEE (total daily energy expenditure), which by definition is the number of calories at which your weight will stabilize. Yay, Fitbit!

^^ yup totally agree ☺

And thanks to the other poster who mentioned the etsy site, some fab accessories for the Fitbit ☺
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I've worn a fitbit daily for nearly 2.5 years. It is one of the keys to my ability to maintain my goal weight and fitness level. I am reminded to keep moving and seeing the relationship between calorie intake and exercise has been very helpful.