Nutribullet

Options
2»

Replies

• NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I tried my first nutribullet smoothie this morning ... it tasted good and was faster to make than in my old blender, plus easier to clean.

However, can I really put frozen fruit and/or ice cubes in it? Every recipe I read thus far only had fresh fruit and vegetbles as the ingredients.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    NK1112 wrote: »
    I tried my first nutribullet smoothie this morning ... it tasted good and was faster to make than in my old blender, plus easier to clean.

However, can I really put frozen fruit and/or ice cubes in it? Every recipe I read thus far only had fresh fruit and vegetbles as the ingredients.

I don't do ice in the Nutribullet, but I often use frozen fruit. Just make sure you don't overfill it and have enough liquid in there and it works fine. One thing I find the Nutribullet doesn't pulverize well is nuts. I often throw a few nuts in my smoothies and there are always tiny little bits, which is ok with me. If I do it in the Vitamix, they are completely blended, but the Nutribullet is way more convenient for single serving smoothies, and easier to clean.

• swoledier_em
    Options
    Love it, use it daily.
  • cjames010
    cjames010 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    NK1112 wrote: »
    I tried my first nutribullet smoothie this morning ...

I use my nutribullet everyday (I got it about 6 months ago)
    I ONLY use frozen fruit in it. Sometimes I add ice.
    I like my smoothies cold.

• sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Stupid question: I use a $12 single serving blender and it does fine with ice and frozen fruit. So what will a nutri bullet do that I can't do now? I look at them evrry time I am at Costco and think it would be nice to have a new toy, but I can't figure out what it will do for me.
  • Naley2322
    Naley2322 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Love mine! Makes my skin glow! I have been a vegetarian since birth so I already eat a lot of vegetables but I hate the texture of all types of berries so I was always missing out on fruit antioxidants so the bullet has been great for fruit!

I also recommend making protein shakes in it they make great pumpkin pie chia smoothies!!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Loving mine. It replaced our blender for smoothies. Better blending and easier to clean.
  • Marianna93637
    Marianna93637 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I love mine. I bought it quite a while ago and still use it. Not always for smoothies though, it completely replaced my food processor. For example to make hummus it takes about a minute with the Nutribullet and another minute to clean it, with the food processor it was 5-10 minutes to make and 20 minutes to take apart and clean.
  • mykaylis
    mykaylis Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    love it. use it for meal replacement shakes and "nutriblasts".
  • NK1112
    Options
    I love mine. I bought it quite a while ago and still use it. Not always for smoothies though, it completely replaced my food processor. For example to make hummus it takes about a minute with the Nutribullet and another minute to clean it, with the food processor it was 5-10 minutes to make and 20 minutes to take apart and clean.

How do you make the hummus?
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    I upgraded to a ninja. My nutribullet didn't last long. It seriously doesn't compare to the ninja. I will never own another nutribullet after using the ninja.
  • ncwingnut71
    ncwingnut71 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I love mine, I use it for all kinds of things! Makes really good guacamole.
  • NK1112
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Since I opened the Nutribullet up Christmas morning I've made 3 different smoothies. The recipes that came with the machine are not the ones I made ... but my own concoction. The first one was too watery, the second one was too thick and the third one was just right.

I used baby spinach, fresh strawberries, canned pumpkin, cinnamon and kefir today and the taste was just what I was looking for. The macro's for it also fit right into my nutrient goals. (27 g carb, 14 g protein, 4 g fat) I think I found a keeper recipe.
  • PLoveElliott
    PLoveElliott Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I love my nutribullet. I have had mine for about a year and use it daily for morning smoothies, soups, sauces, etc.

I see a lot of people asking about ice. I use ice in mine with no problem. I also use frozen fruit with no problem.
  • kayokarma
    kayokarma Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    i have a ninja with a nutribullet like attachment, LOVE IT

Is the Ninja better or equal to Nutribullet?
  • IndependentMe
    IndependentMe Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I use it about once a week. Wish it did better with kale. I always have pieces left floating about. Why is that?
  • NK1112
    edited February 2015
    Options
    This was a good tasting shake ... used the small bullet

2 tablespoons hemp protein powder (Nutiva organic brand)
    2 tablespoon chia seed (organic, black, whole chia seed)
    2 tablespoon sour cream (full fat version of no gelatin sour cream)
    1 tablespoon natural unsweetened cocoa powder (Hershey's brand)
    4 frozen strawberries ... each 3/4" - 1" diameter
    1 tablespoon light maple syrup (2014 spring sap run)
    1 cup black coffee (half decaf - cooled to room temp)
    3 romaine lettuce leaves, cut up (organic, inner leaves about 2" x 6" ea.)

Calories: 325 Carbs: 40 Protein: 18 Fat: 17 Fiber: 18

This made a very full small bullet and tasted really good. Didn't fill me up for as long as I'd hoped it would though. Was hungry 2 1/2 hours later.

• joepratt503
    joepratt503 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Oh. Yeah. Mine is a totally different kind of bullet.

BUAHAHA
  • NK1112
    Options
    I've noticed that smoothies make me crave sweets. There must be something different in finely shredded veggies whirred in a blender than chopped veggies in a bowl, or cooked veggies on a plate.