Daily Calories

Options
I am 5'1" and currently 135lbs. I am trying to lose my last 10lbs and it is so hard. I have been eating 1300 calories a day. Should I be eating more or less?

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Are you losing weight on 1300?
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    The less overweight you are, the more slowly you lose. That's just the way the human body works. The last 20 lbs. or so come off .5 lb. per week, so be patient. The smaller deficit will also help you transition to maintenance.

Are you logging everything you eat & drink accurately & honestly? The smaller you are, the smaller your margin of error. (I'm 5'2".)
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Use this link to determine your calorie goals. Just enter your info and hit "calculate TDEE".

http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/
  • teresa4719
    Options
    Yes I do my best at logging everything in. Yeah I only lost .4 last week. Thanks for the encouragement.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    Options
    editorgrrl wrote: »

Are you logging everything you eat & drink accurately & honestly? The smaller you are, the smaller your margin of error. (I'm 5'2".)

Also THIS. Are you weighing your solid food, with a scale? (Measuring cups won't cut it.) You'd be floored at the calorie discrepancy it creates. You want to be as accurate as possible.

• teresa4719
    Options
    As far as am I losing at the 1300 calories. No not really. I was having a little better luck at 1200 but was feeling real weak like I wasn't eating enough.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    teresa4719 wrote: »
    Yes I do my best at logging everything in. Yeah I only lost .4 last week. Thanks for the encouragement.

Hey. That's still a good loss, especially if you only have 10 lb to go. Just keep at it :)
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    Options
    teresa4719 wrote: »

This is all the more you should be losing, anyway. The closer you get to your goal, the slower your progress will (and should) get. About a half a pound a week at your stage in the process is perfect. Keep going.