Portable food scale

Options
Does anyone have any recommendations on portable food scales? I want something I can keep in my purse and use at restaurants or dinners at families houses. I picked one out for xmas but when it came, it looks like a drug dealers scale lol. So I want something more legit that doesn't look like i'm dealing drugs lol

Replies

• Meli311ssa
    Meli311ssa Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I love my food scale as well, but I have never used it outside of the house. There are tricks you can do to determine a rough amount of food, such as using your hand. I'll include a link. It helps you learn portion sizes too, as you won't want to take a food scale with you for the rest of your life. Also, I will curiously ask what brands and ingredients are used in a dish so that I can log it. (I ask while complementing the friend or host in the same sentence.) And when eating at restaurants that don't share nutritional information (which I won't do more than once a month), I order very carefully. One tip is to log an entry that is the largest number of calories relative to what you are eating. This gives you less room for error, and maybe even an accidental higher calorie deficit for that day, if you're lucky. Hope this helps.
    http://lifehacker.com/5880630/use-your-hand-to-estimate-your-portions
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    What do drug dealer scales look like? I don't think I've ever seen anyone weighing drugs.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    What do drug dealer scales look like? I don't think I've ever seen anyone weighing drugs.
    Breaking Bad LEGO Meth Lab
    n97sr9bhqh5p.jpg
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    CyberTone wrote: »
    Kalikel wrote: »
    Breaking Bad LEGO Meth Lab
    n97sr9bhqh5p.jpg

I've seen that before. It's so cute! I liked that show. :)
  • apparations
    apparations Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any recommendations on portable food scales? I want something I can keep in my purse and use at restaurants or dinners at families houses. I picked one out for xmas but when it came, it looks like a drug dealers scale lol. So I want something more legit that doesn't look like i'm dealing drugs lol

I think they all look like that lol small digital scales are all basically the same, aren't they?