I'm new and have a question

Options
I just received my vivofit and noticed that it tracks only about half of what the treadmill at my gym tracks. In other words, my treadmill says I went 1.35 miles and my tracker says 3/4 of a mile. Has anyone noticed this?

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP.

These devices often make a best guess based on different info. My vivofit over estimates my miles in my case. Walk a known 1/4 mile (1 mile or what ever that is known) and see what it reads and then factor to get the real mileage for recording.
  • bunniesrus2014
    Options
    good idea. thanks.
  • accjulie
    accjulie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I don't have a vivofit but I have a fitbit. On their website, you can set your stride. Can you do that on the vivofit to make it more accurate?
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    accjulie wrote: »
    I don't have a vivofit but I have a fitbit. On their website, you can set your stride. Can you do that on the vivofit to make it more accurate?

Nope. You cannot calibrate a Vivofit.
  • bunniesrus2014
    Options
    that's too bad. Someone suggested driving a certain amount, than walking it to see if it compared with my vivofit. I can try that I suppose.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Or figure out a route on Mapquest or Google Maps, then walk it and compare the distances.