Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse...

Options
My 17yr old son has gone missing.
He had been assaulted at a work's christmas party on the 22nd November, and he's not been right since, it really knocked his confidence.
We had a disagreement earlier, he accused me of 'slapping him about' which I have never done, but I'm wondering if he's said this in the heat of the moment and he's getting mixed up with the assault.
I've phoned the police and filed a missing person's report.
We didn't realise he was missing until we went t omeet him from work, and he did not come out, and he's not answering his mobile phone either.
He hasn't really got many friends, the few he has got, all work at the same place, but they are closed, so I can't talk to anyone, I just have to sit and wait until they open tomorrow.
Thing is, he has either gone off on his own - he did this twice before, or he has had yet more trouble with work - oh, I just don't have any idea where he is, wish I did.
I just want him to contact me, just let me know he's safe :cry:

sorry, I didn't know what else to do, just needed to talk to someone

Replies

• Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    My 17yr old son has gone missing.
    He had been assaulted at a work's christmas party on the 22nd November, and he's not been right since, it really knocked his confidence.
    We had a disagreement earlier, he accused me of 'slapping him about' which I have never done, but I'm wondering if he's said this in the heat of the moment and he's getting mixed up with the assault.
    I've phoned the police and filed a missing person's report.
    We didn't realise he was missing until we went t omeet him from work, and he did not come out, and he's not answering his mobile phone either.
    He hasn't really got many friends, the few he has got, all work at the same place, but they are closed, so I can't talk to anyone, I just have to sit and wait until they open tomorrow.
    Thing is, he has either gone off on his own - he did this twice before, or he has had yet more trouble with work - oh, I just don't have any idea where he is, wish I did.
    I just want him to contact me, just let me know he's safe :cry:

sorry, I didn't know what else to do, just needed to talk to someone
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    hope he comes home soon, safe and sound, thinking of you
  • gmpearse
    gmpearse Posts: 136
    Options
    I can understand your concern especially after he was assaulted the other day. Prayers are being sent your way for his safe return.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    :brokenheart: Hope things work out for your son.

Did he even make it to work today or do you know yet?? :heart:
  • ceedee22ed
    Options
    My prayers are with your family, keep patience and hope and this will all come together soon, he may not even realize how worried you are...kids have a way of doing that...his mobile might have gone dead (batteries die from time to time or he may be in a building/area where he does not get good reception)
    Just don't let the worst thoughts fill your head...you need to keep clear and calm.
    good luck and much patience.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Oh my!!! Prayers for your son, for you and your family :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • eyescatchfire
    eyescatchfire Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I will keep you and your family in my thoughts. Please let us know how it all works out!
  • vanessadawn
    Options
    prayers your way, stay strong!
  • Jackie_W
    Options
    Thanks everyone, police just left, they are circulating a description & photo of him.
    He never even showed up for work - didn't even phone in sick.
    It's beginnnign to look like he'd planned to go - and been making arrangements not to be tracked all day - like changing passwords to all his IM, facebook etc, he even went to the extent of blowing up the CPU on his computer, and bending the pins. :brokenheart:
    I've text him, asking him to just get in touch, let me know he's ok, but nothing. His phone was charged this morning, and he took his charger with him.
  • bonnykate
    Options
    best wishes and warm thoughts your way - my prayers are with you and your son.
  • Jackie_W
    Options
    Still no luck in finding my son, police are doing all they can, I've got a lot of people looking for him too.
    I just don't know what to do next, I went to the gym this morning, which is something we always did together, I did 10 mins on the treadmill, and 5 mins on the bike, then my personal trainer came and asked how my son was as he had not seen him for a few days, and I ended up in tears.
    I told him all about it, the gym are also going to keep an eye out for him. I couldn't do anymore workout, so I just came home, found a list of his friends on facebook and emailed a lot of them, and left a message on his wall, just hope someone can help :cry:
  • gmpearse
    gmpearse Posts: 136
    Options
    Don't give up. There is still hope that whatever is troubling him will resolve on its own. Hopefully, he will come to understand that it is not as bad as he thinks it is. :smile:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    Sending prayers for the safe return of your son your way.....:flowerforyou: :brokenheart:
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Sending lots of thoughts and prayers your way. Hope everything works out, and please keep us updated! :heart:
  • mbb8682
    mbb8682 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    You are in my prayers and thoughts I hope your son returns safe and unharmed.

Did you check his room to see if there were any signs of where he may have went? Check his Facebook page and see the comments some people have made on his page may have some clues that you wouldn't really be looking for.

Please keep us posted:flowerforyou: :cry:
  • renae5
    renae5 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    OMG I hope every thing works out ASAP I know you must be worried sick!! My prayers are with you, your son, and your family!!
  • Jackie_W
    Options

Did you check his room to see if there were any signs of where he may have went? Check his Facebook page and see the comments some people have made on his page may have some clues that you wouldn't really be looking for.

Already thought of that, he ransacked the room before he left, so we have no idea of what he's taken.
    I'm going to go through his room and tidy up, see if I can find anything out after work tonight - my works did offer me the day off, but I'd rather keep busy, everyone has my mobile number and knows to phone that first should they hear anything
  • DjBliss05
    Options
    It sounds like you are doing absolutely everything you can to track him down.

Hang in there. I'll be keeping your family in my thoughts.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

Already thought of that, he ransacked the room before he left, so we have no idea of what he's taken.
    I'm going to go through his room and tidy up, see if I can find anything out after work tonight - my works did offer me the day off, but I'd rather keep busy, everyone has my mobile number and knows to phone that first should they hear anything

Did he pack some clothes??? Empty his bank account???

:brokenheart:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    saying prayers for you and your son

so sorry to hear about this