What's your Grab and go breakfast?

Options
What is your go-to grab and go breakfast for those mornings that you're short on time and tempted to hit the drive through?

Mine is a packet of quick-make-in-the-microwave oatmeal that I pour into a tall coffee cup so I can just stick it in my drink holder and eat on the way to work.

What's yours?

Replies

• auntchellebelle
    auntchellebelle Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the Core Power protein drinks. They do not have a powdery taste or sour milk taste like some I have tried. I recently tried Kashi cereal bars and they are really good also. I grab one of those and a small bottle of OJ and out the door.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Usually, a protein shake.
  • Nouurann
    Nouurann Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs, I let them boil while I get ready and they're good to grab
  • Manny615
    Manny615 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yea, mine is Protein shakes or boiled eggs. I don't like plain oatmeal so I stay away from that.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I am that annoying person who plans for every dang breakfast of life, but the quick breakfast of choice for me is overnight oats w/ fruit and plain Greek yogurt.

If I truly was running so late that I HAD to grab something I would most likely eat a string cheese and handful of nuts and/or semisweet chocolate chips.

• ksolksol
    ksolksol Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese, fruit, and sunflower or pumpkin seeds. Or a slice of peanut butter toast instead of the seeds.

If I had to run out the door with something even faster than this, it would probably be just peanut butter toast and a piece of fruit.
  • JaimeHolland
    JaimeHolland Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese and apple or other fruit.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    What is your go-to grab and go breakfast for those mornings that you're short on time and tempted to hit the drive through?

Mine is a packet of quick-make-in-the-microwave oatmeal that I pour into a tall coffee cup so I can just stick it in my drink holder and eat on the way to work.

What's yours?

A banana and a hard-boiled egg.
    I do keep some protein bars around to grab in an emergency.
    PB on toast if I have just enough time to toast.
    Sometimes I just grab some coffee and pray I can hold out till lunch!
  • TNunraveler
    TNunraveler Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Luna Protein bars
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Fiber One brownie and a G2. I can eat them in the car, and since I can usually get both at Costco, it's cost effective. And I don't have to get up early just to make some food for me! XD
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Protein bar, or a Fiber One bar.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Usually a piece of fruit or a Greek yogurt. I eat frequently, so I don't worry too terribly much about needing to stay full until lunch.

If you do though, try tupperwares of pre-made oatmeal or grits with whatever you like added in. (nuts and dried fruit for oatmeal, a little cheese and egg whites or bacon crumbles to the grits) Grab it out of the fridge in the morning, microwave for a minute, then take with you with a plastic spoon.
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    Special K flatbread sandwich. 60 seconds in the microwave & out the door.
  • ethompso0105
    ethompso0105 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I have to eat something on the way to work...typically a granola bar and coffee. However, I also have a Greek Yogurt when I get to work. Yum!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Cliff Bar
  • Paiger816
    Paiger816 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I make a bunch of "McMuffin" type sandwiches in advance.

100 Cal Thomas English Muffin
    Morning Star Veggie Sausage Patty (Can also use Jimmy Dean)
    Slice of cheese
    Eggs

I actually buy liquid eggs (saves time!) and pour them in a jelly roll pan, bake @ 350 for 15 mins. I then use a drinking glass to cut out circles of eggs. I toast all the english muffins, add a slide of cheese, egg, and a frozen sausage. Then I wrap in in parchment paper and freeze them. Grab them, nuke them for 1 min 30 secs, and go!

If they're drying out at all in the microwave, wrap them in a damp paper towel before microwaving.

It takes about 30 mins to make all of them, but I usually make 15 at a time.
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I usually make my breakfast the night before and just heat it up in the morning and leave. It might be bean or lentil soup, rice with veggie or meat, maybe an egg spinach cheese wrap... But on nights when I'm lazy, I bake a sweet potato and leave for next morning. Or I pack a salad composing of leafy greens, nuts, grapes and maybe cheese. If it's really last minute in the morning, I grab fruit and water. Or, I just leave with a lot of water and wait till lunch to eat. :#

• MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I don't tend to eat breakfast as I'm never hungry until midday, but when I had exams back in June I'd always eat an apple on the way to my exam as they'd help wake me up :smile:
  • abigailhe
    abigailhe Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Green Smoothie!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I almost never do this--I like to be up well before I have to leave and am kind of a morning person--but a Greek yogurt and piece of fruit or Quest bar/fruit.