Looking for mom/mum friends of any age or area

Options
Hello,
I'm not new to MFP but am looking for more mom/mum friends (depending where you're from)on here who can really relate to what we go through on a daily basis in trying juggle children with work, keeping a home and trying to keep fit too!
I'm a mom of 5, ages raging from 20 down to 4 and I work part time as a teaching assistant.
I've successfully lost just over 20lbs while on MFP but have been slacking as of late and could really do with some friends for support and motivation to lose just a few more pounds - but more importantly just to get back into living a healthy lifestyle with regular exercise.
When I used to exercise I was quite keen on jogging, cycling, walking, Chalean Extreme and Les Mills Combat.
Hope to speak soon :)

Replies

• thedomesticmum
    thedomesticmum Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I am a Mum of 3 between the age of 3-6 and I attend university full-time so I can definitely understand the juggling motherhood and life :)
    This year I am focusing on myself which includes getting healthy and fit again! Would love some like-minded friends to support each other! I have about 40lbs to lose and I am in BC, Canada :smile:
  • startingover72
    startingover72 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent :)
  • energize2015
    energize2015 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am a mom of two daughters in college who is finally putting herself first, and I am almost 50! :) I am in the United States, and have a dual goal of losing about 15 more pounds, while also becoming healthier with regard to nutrition.

Good Luck Girls...we can do this!
  • yialee81
    Options
    Hello to all. This is new to me. I wont know how this app is going to work for me or how to use it but im going to do it. Im currently working a graveyard shift. A housewife and a mom of 5. Past year 2011-2013 i lost weight did well then it all went down last june 2013. Im at my weakest and need any mototvation to help me lose weight and live a healthier and happier lifestyle.
  • ccmcoy
    Options
    I'm new to this as well. I have so much weight to lose I'm not sure I can do it. I'm an almost 50yr homeschooling mom of 5, ages 16 to 3. l rarely have/make time for myself. Help! ;-)
  • vdonalds
    vdonalds Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hello. I successfully used MFP a few years ago, but I slacked off. I am now at my heaviest. I have three children. My oldest is eight and my twins are five. I have a very difficult time putting myself first so I need some motivation too! Let's just call it my New Years Resolution.
  • OteroG05
    OteroG05 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a mom of 2 girls ages 11and 7. I work 2 jobs and rarely have time for my husband never mind myself. I used MFP 3yrs ago and lost 30lbs and I've managed to keep that off but am looking to meet my all time weightloss goal of 70lbs this New Year. I received a FitBit for Christmas so now I can really keep track of my activity level. Hopefully the Fitbit and chatting with you ladies will help me get my motivation back on track. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    Mom of 4 here, 12 years, 9 years, 17 months, and 7 months. I'm not trying to lose, but am focusing on strength. I also work and volunteer, with two under two I get the juggling act....
  • LouLouStBijou
    LouLouStBijou Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Hey there - mum and step mum here (love that you recognize both spellings!) I have three kids of various ages and stages (one bio and two step). I was doing really well for a while but now feel as though I have lost the motivation to really stick with it. I would love a couple of friends who would give me a kick in the butt when I need it and encourage me to be more vigilant and make healthier food choices.
  • runtodayamyrun
    runtodayamyrun Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom of 2 and work full time as well. I understanding the juggling and making time for yourself as well. I would love to help motivate you and have your help as well doing the same. I also have slacked off for way to long and need to get back into the groove. I had lost 20 pounds 3 years ago and now I've slowly gained 10 back. Friend request sent!
  • bug1114
    bug1114 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Mom of one 4 year old boy here, work full time and also go to school online full time. Please feel free to add me, I'm always looking for active friends!
  • ourtruelovewillneverdie
    Options
    I'm a 28 year old mom of 5, ages 7,7,6,5, and 2. Three biological and two adopted. I stay at home but I recently just completed my Bachelors and I am working towards a Masters in education. I can definitely relate to the struggles of motherhood.
  • startingover72
    startingover72 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies...FR's sent :)
  • kateangel2312
    kateangel2312 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Im a 34 yr old mum of 3, aged 6,3 and 1. I hit the gym 4-5 times a week or do body pump. my main love is weights
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Mommy here to a 23 year old, 4 year old and 12 month old who is in the process of weaning. I work full time and I commute all while my husband is away on business......I am really struggling but am trying to make it all work as well.
  • kbale4
    Options
    Im looking for friends for motivation! I am from Australia and im a 29 year old mum of 2 children. I have 30kgs to lose. Would love to lose 10kg by Easter :) add me please :)
  • leelee99075
    leelee99075 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm a 39 year old mom to 3 (18, 10, 9) from sunny California. I work full time as a teacher. Juggling work, kids, hubby, home, sports, church, etc is exhausting! This is the year us girls need to take care of ourselves to be the best we can be for our families!
  • liketoyak
    liketoyak Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hello all. I am a Mom of two children, both adopted domestically, 11 and 4. I am 44 and have lots to lose. This isn't my first time on here but it's time! I am a teacher and am from Alberta, Canada. I've added all PP. Looking forward to supporting everyone
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm a mom of 3. Always love to have more Momma friends. Add me anyone who would like! :)
  • mikeandkate
    mikeandkate Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Kate from New Zealand and I'm 32. I have three boys aged 1, 3 and 7 and I'm a SAHM. I did MFP last year and prior to my 2nd and 3rd pregnancies and still have more baby weight to lose. I want to get fit again as well. Please add me :)