Clean bulk? My calories are always low :(

Options
Hey everyone,

Im relatively new to lifting as i started in august 2014 and im going to start a lean bulk, soon and try not to put on too much fat. I weigh 63kg which is around 138lbs and I never really consume that much. Usually between 1300-1500 but upon research my maintenance weight is 2000, in order to bulk should I just meet 2000 calories or would i have to go for more? Also as a beginner, should i take creatine everyday?
Also a clean meal plan would be really appreciative as im allergic to nuts and eggs lol. Tips in general would be great.
Thanks!

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    In order to bulk, you have to eat more calories than you burn. If your maintenance calories are truly 2000 (you maintain your weight eating that amount) then you have to eat more than 2000 in order to gain, or bulk.
  • PaceMaka2dot0
    PaceMaka2dot0 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    go 250 to 1000 calories over maintenance
  • ephraimshere
    ephraimshere Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Creatine is definitely helpful. You can start a loading phase (20-30g/day in diveded doses) or just jump on to a maintenance phase (5g/day).
    On top of getting enough protein, Eat lots of Good carbs. Clean bulking is pretty expensive when counting down to the very penny. But yoi can do it. Turkey, Chicken breasts, Salmon, yams, oatmeal, lactaid etc. Dancingmoose is correct about bulking. Follow his tip too.
  • elninoali
    elninoali Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. So does 2250 sound good? I have been eating 1500 for a while and have managed to put on 2kg so would that be too much?
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I have no idea how you actually gained on 1500, but yeah, 2250 sounds good for a start. What lifting program are you doing?
  • elninoali
    elninoali Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Day 1- Back and Biceps
    Day 2 - Chest and Triceps
    Day 3 - Legs, Abs and Shoulders
    Day 4 - Arms and Abs