Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Working out with a knee injury

I hurt my knee a few months ago and was on crutches for two months. I never really had any problems with my knee. I haven't worked out much lately because well, I got lazy.. (I have went from 220 pounds to 135 pounds in 2012-2013) I have gained 10 of those pounds back and now am gonna make it right. The problem is.... I do Jillian Michaels workouts on my lunch break... that's how I lost the weight to begin with that and counting calories. anyways.. today was my first day back. My knee does not hurt really bad, but did make a LOT of crackling sounds and popping noises when I was doing squats and lunges....

Any advice on what I can do to make it stop making that noise.... and am I doing more damage to it because of the workouts....

Replies

• Fujiberry
    Fujiberry Posts: 400 Member
    Consult your doctor before doing any activity that might affect a previous injury. We don't know the extent of your injury and your doctor would know best. :)
    0067808 Posts: 119 Member
    Hi - the popping/cracking sound you're hearing is known as Crepidus - google it, whether or not you work out with Crepidus largely depends on whether you're experiencing pain at the same time as the noise. My knee has been very damaged over many years and makes frightening noises but as there is no pain, the doc says I'm ok to exercise. Prob best to get it checked out, and your doctor could also suggest the best exercises to concentrate on to strengthen your knee again. Good luck!
  • I appreciate your feed back... I'll see a doctor asap...
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    I'd check it out with a physical therapist.
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    thinme0416 wrote: »
    I appreciate your feed back... I'll see a doctor asap...

Excellent! Best idea!

Ask the doc to refer you to a PT. The PT will have specialized training and will suggest what to do and what to avoid more reliably than a general practitioner.
  • AdrianBry
    AdrianBry Posts: 138 Member
    this bedsheet work at youtu.be/9r7o0ery8VE can be done seated
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    I have some things, and I stay away from most videos because it's too hard not to follow along when you shouldn't, because you want to keep up. Until you get medical advice, the safest thing to do is walk.