new here

Options
Hi I'm Beth and I'm just getting started. Any advice or encouragement is greatly appreciated!!

Replies

• Seabee74
    Seabee74 Posts: 314
    Options
    Welcome Beth ! You can add me as a friend if you'd like and we can get some questions answered for you and get the encouragement going back and forth
  • KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Hi Beth! MFP has helped me lose 84 pounds. Would love to be friends. Feel free to add me!
  • Welsh72
    Welsh72 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi Beth,

welcome and MFP has helped me alot to get in shape and wont stop using it now and i still have along way to go.

good luck feel free to add if u want advice
  • iowacountry
    iowacountry Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Welcome Beth, I'm just getting at it and you are welcome to add me as a friend. Good luck on your journey, you can do this! :)
  • njmark72
    njmark72 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hey Beth... Welcome to the new you... Add us as friends and look at our diaries for help on what to eat and what not to eat... For me look back a month or so for what to eat and look at December for what NOT to eat... lol..

Whatever anyone on this site tells you, remember this...

It's all about calorie deficit. If you eat less calories than your body burns you will lose weight. If you eat less than MFP recommends and you don't eat the calories you gain through exercise you will lose weight faster.

Deficit, deficit, deficit.

Also, find an exercise you like doing and do it a lot. For me, its walking, skating, playing hockey... Walking was big for me in the spring and summer, I'd walk 4 miles a day and eat just under my recommended calories and I lost a ton of weight quickly..

Good luck! We're here if you need us!
    Mark
  • harryt678
    harryt678 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, Beth! So glad to see you have joined this wonderful community. Everyone that I have met on here have been very supportive and encouraging. The one advice that I can give and have experienced so far is that some days will be more difficult then others in terms of calorie intake or eating healthy. The one thing to keep in mind is to not give up, it does get easier once you find what works for you. I will send you a friend request, let's keep each other motivated and check in on each other's progress.
  • jackibailey
    jackibailey Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you want. I've been on mfp since 2011 and I've gained and lost 100 pounds three times. I had gastric bypass in may and have lost 167 pounds since February. I'm looking for supportive friends who won't judge me for the surgery. I still work very hard at weight loss. I walk 3-5 miles nearly every day. I count calories everyday. And I struggle some days. I'm a very good cheerleader. Hope we can be friends.
  • nlmfahey
    Options
    Please feel free to add me. I used MFP in 2014 to lose 60 pounds. In the last year I got away from MFP & I maintained for abt 6 months, but in the last 6 months I've gained back abt 20 bc I didn't have the accountability after I got away from MFP. Good luck. I love looking at people's diaries for food ideas:-)