i need to stop drinking beer help !!!!! so i can lose belly fat can somebody help me please

Options

Replies

• lisaanne1369
    lisaanne1369 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Becks premium is yummy.
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I drink a beer almost everyday and I'm losing 1/2lb - 1lb a week. It doesn't matter what you eat, just eat less. Oh, and you can't spot reduce so that fat won't just come off your tummy...

You don't have to stop eating/drinking anything. Just eat less, log it and stay under your given calorie range.
  • njmark72
    njmark72 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I stopped drinking 19 months ago and feel great.. I highly recommend it. I stopped because it was unhealthy and I found myself binge drinking instead of having the occasional beer out with friends.

I don't miss it and I feel great. Best of all I'm not drinking any calories....

Good luck!
    Mark
  • Welsh72
    Welsh72 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    i feel ur pain man, a weekly battle, well normally sat night lol, try a spirit like vodka or something with a wee bit of diet juice if u really need to drink to unwind
  • dougii
    dougii Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    As long as you are logging the beer and keeping your calories at a deficit you will continue to lose weight. From my experience some of the last fat to leave is the stubborn belly fat but given enough time, exercise, and deficit eating it too will go. "Beer is proof that God loves us." - Thomas Jefferson
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    dougii wrote: »
    As long as you are logging the beer and keeping your calories at a deficit you will continue to lose weight. From my experience some of the last fat to leave is the stubborn belly fat but given enough time, exercise, and deficit eating it too will go. "Beer is proof that God loves us." - Thomas Jefferson

I agree with dougii. However, the full quote ( “Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy”) is actually attributed to Ben Franklin, and is a misquote of a line in a letter about wine. As a beer drinker and Philadelphian, I have no problem usurping it to describe beer. Drink on in moderation and stay in a calorie deficit.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Its the calorie deficit which will shift weight (from all over) - you could give up beer, but if you swap it for equal quantities of full calorie coke (for example) it would make absolutely no difference to your weight - and might even increase it, depending on your usual choice of beer!. Keep in a calorie deficit and add in some exercise to help burn more calories (which you can spend on beer.....)
  • SimonCypher
    SimonCypher Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I'm taking part in 'Dry January' , I drink excessively. I can easily go out on a Wed, Fri & Saturday and knock back 8-10 pints each night. Fortunately I don't get hangovers, however I notice that my bank balance and waistline are suffering badly. I'm hoping that by taking part in 'Dry January' this will drive me to cut down on my drinking. I don't go out to get mortal, but go out to see friends and see myself as a social drinker as I don't drink at home. I know that once I cut out the beer my ideal physique will be easier to achieve and this will be my focus going forward. I hope that you can find a solution and if you need any support by all means send a FR.
  • Marie047
    Marie047 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I stopped drinking for over a year and then once I went on holiday began and didn`t stop so most weekends I am drinking, stopping again in Jan, so using dry Jan to kick start that back off.
  • Notreadytoquit
    Notreadytoquit Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Lost 20#s without trying when I gave up alcohol.
  • xXBabyBelleXx
    xXBabyBelleXx Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Becks blue is a good substitute also, really tastes like the real thing and is half the calories of a normal beer - also no hangover :smiley:
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I think this is something you have to do by yourself.
  • markopat
    Options
    Read The Belly Fat Cure by Jorge Cruise...I have lost 60 lbs in 6 months. It's all about cutting sugars out and reducing carbs...Life changing.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    LOL NO.

Giving up beer is not necessary to lose weight.
    Giving up beer will not get rid of your belly fat.
    Nothing will get rid of only belly fat. You have to lose weight from everywhere.

Here's what you do: use this site as designed, log everything you eat and drink, and indulge in beer if it fits in your numbers for the day. Understand that weight will come off everywhere, it will not just come off your belly.
  • sudmom
    sudmom Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    From personal experience, YES you will reduce tummy fat if you quit drinking. I quit (mostly) about 2 months ago and my belly area looks waaaay better. All those empty carbs just want to sit around our middle (especially after you turn 45-it is like a magnet!)
    Take it one day at a time and find a different outlet when you feel like a beer. Try a flavored tea. Good luck!
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Alcohol is calories, whether it's beer or whiskey. It's no more likely than any other calorie to create belly fat or any other fat. Your best bet is to switch to drugs. Pot is great if you don't get the munchies too bad. Cocaine is the best for weight loss, but of course it has a downside.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I drink beer (even the mega-rich 400 calorie Russian Imperial Stouts) and I still have a trim waistline and flat stomach. I just make sure it fits into my overall calorie allotment. Problem solved!
  • sarahlifts
    sarahlifts Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I stopped drinking all together. I have maybe 5 drinks a year now. La Croix is a great option for a bubbly beverage instead. You cant spot reduce that fat.
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    LOL NO.

Giving up beer is not necessary to lose weight.
    Giving up beer will not get rid of your belly fat.
    Nothing will get rid of only belly fat. You have to lose weight from everywhere.

Here's what you do: use this site as designed, log everything you eat and drink, and indulge in beer if it fits in your numbers for the day. Understand that weight will come off everywhere, it will not just come off your belly.

This ^^^^ a thousand times this.