30 pounds in 5 months

Options
I started back in July. I have been overweight most of my life, ever since I was in late elementary school. I was turning 21 and already heavier than all of my friends, weighing in at 237. I remember getting ready for my 21st birthday party, looking at myself in the mirror and thinking how I should look the best I'll ever look at this age; I am 21, in college, and engaged to a wonderful man.... yet I didn't feel like I looked that great at all. Diabetes runs rampant through my father's side of the family, and over the summer my dad faced the possibility of getting his feet amputated due to his diabetes. At the same time, my future mother-in-law was diagnosed with diabetes and I had to watch her go through the transition of altering her diet and the challenges she faced during this. After seeing this, I knew that this was not how I wanted to live and knew I had to do something to change my lifestyle. I began with MFP, counting calories, and also began the C25K app. However, living in the South the summer heat got to be unbearable (running in 98+ Degree heat is really good for weight loss :smile: ), so my fiance, mother-in-law, and myself all decided to join the gym. I began going to Zumba and walking on the treadmill, but Zumba has been my sole workout program. I have dropped 3 pants sizes, 11 inches off my waist, and a total of 33 pounds. I have a long way to go...I hope to get below 180 before my wedding in May, and hope to continue to progress even further after that. I have no specific goal, I just want to be the healthiest that I can be. But I want to encourage anyone thinking of starting to get into shape, or anyone struggling, that If you really set your mind to it and stick with it, you CAN do this. I have not taken a single diet pill or gimmick, something I am very proud of. This is sheer hard work and determination. fux4bc4dxsav.jpg

Replies

• holybell
    holybell Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration! I'm hoping to go from 205 to 170 by May. And hopefully get to 150 by my birthday in November! I wish you the best of luck and congratulations!
  • Flamefree
    Flamefree Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Kellee. I would be over the moon if I lost 30 pounds.
    Cheers
    FF
  • lisabinco
    lisabinco Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Well done! You are doing great and the difference is amazing. You are so smart to re-train yourself now, while you're young. I too have diabetes in my family, both sides, so it is really important to change your lifestyle now. If you can keep it from ever developing, that is far better than making changes AFTER it has damaged your body. I was in my mid-50s before I seriously made the changes I needed, because I was starting to show all the signs. I am back from the brink, thanks to serious lifestyle changes I made. I only wish I had changed my lifestyle 30 years ago!
  • 123kody
    Options
    You look awesome ☺
  • Serendipity5215
    Serendipity5215 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Your determination and hard work are definitely paying off! :)
  • sexymonicat
    Options
    You look good! It great you're thinking about your health add me as a friend. I lost 30 lbs this year too. I have 30 more to go. I did take slim quik here n there but I lost the weight with a good diet .
  • AudraSky
    AudraSky Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great! Thanks for the inspiration!
  • sugarsharon
    sugarsharon Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congratulations you look amazing :D keep up the great work
  • opalsqueak007
    opalsqueak007 Posts: 433 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Well done Kellee - I love to see this - a young person getting a grip early on - fantastic to see :)
  • keshabbaker
    keshabbaker Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Well done! you look great, keep up the good work!
  • MargueriteMuguet
    MargueriteMuguet Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Nice! Congrats on your progress and i wish you the best for the futur
  • GretchenB02
    GretchenB02 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Great job! You can do this!
  • Letters24You
    Letters24You Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • MummyKate85
    MummyKate85 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    wow great job! xx
  • hotcoffee692
    hotcoffee692 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    What a pretty bride you're going to be!
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Fantastic Job!!! You look awesome-thanks for the inspiration!! :)o:)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!