Milk Diet

Options
EllieB_5
EllieB_5 Posts: 247 Member
http://www.dbh.nhs.uk/Library/Patient_Information_Leaflets/WPR32820 Milk Yoghurt Diet.pdf

There is a pre-op diet that gastric bypass patients must follow. This diet is designed to lose some of the fatty stores around/in the liver in order to shrink it, thus making the surgery easier to perform. Has anyone, bypass patient or no, done this? Did you notice a difference in your size at all?

For the record I am not going for surgery, but I have read science articles on the benefits of milk for weight loss. I am seriously considering "milk days", or simply adding lots more milk to my diet, to help my body shed some pounds but am a little uncertain at the same time. Any input, especially from the keto community, would be appreciated.

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    http://www.dbh.nhs.uk/Library/Patient_Information_Leaflets/WPR32820 Milk Yoghurt Diet.pdf

There is a pre-op diet that gastric bypass patients must follow. This diet is designed to lose some of the fatty stores around/in the liver in order to shrink it, thus making the surgery easier to perform. Has anyone, bypass patient or no, done this? Did you notice a difference in your size at all?

For the record I am not going for surgery, but I have read science articles on the benefits of milk for weight loss. I am seriously considering "milk days", or simply adding lots more milk to my diet, to help my body shed some pounds but am a little uncertain at the same time. Any input, especially from the keto community, would be appreciated.

If the addition of milk allows you to better sustain an energy deficit then have at it. Outside of that condition I'd remain skeptical of milk having specific fat loss properties.
  • mainsqueen
    mainsqueen Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    i have heard this also and am going to try it along with 5-2 fast so on fast days just follow the milk diet and see how i get on... no haters please or negative comments
  • beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    This is going to be good.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    The medics using this diet are of the opinion that dairy intake promotes liver fat loss.

"Whey proteins, amino acids, medium chain fatty acids and in particular calcium and other minerals may contribute to the beneficial effect of dairy products on body weight and body fat."
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    From what I have seen, people who are put on the milk diet are pretty sick, and its an extreme last resort option to get those people ready for bypass surgery.

I would not risk it. I personally do have some milk each morning with my cereal/coffee... but that is about it.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    mainsqueen wrote: »
    i have heard this also and am going to try it along with 5-2 fast so on fast days just follow the milk diet and see how i get on... no haters please or negative comments

I had to drop milk on my fast days. Just the amount I was having in my cups of tea was well over 200 calories. Which didn't leave much room for food :(

• Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Really? From the first paragraph of your link. only intended pre-surgery. It should not be followed afterwards or by anyone else.

OP... don't do this...

Dang it... zombie thread...