What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• epido
    epido Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Today I bought a couple pairs of new jeans that were a size smaller than the previous pairs. And, not only were they a size smaller, it didn't matter what brand I tried on, they all fit in that size! In 14 months, I have went from a size 26W to a size 14!!
  • zezelryck
    zezelryck Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    << I managed to make a turkey hat look good :-)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    My latest NSV was shopping for size M athletic leggings tonight and being scrutinized very very closely by a woman I attended high school with when I was about 80 lb heavier and she was a good 50 lb lighter. Made me chuckle!

This NSV is, in my opinion, even better if the former classmate in question was one of the so-called "mean girls" at your high school!

eh she kind of was, I suppose. Very popular. But I was pretty scary myself back then, of the "I'll cut ya" variety...artsy girl who wore black, dated metalheads, and the like. She wouldn't have been mean to me ever. Still was a fun NSV!

I've always wondered why the meanest people were also the most popular back in high school! Most of my friends were girls like you who tried (and failed) at teaching me how to have the "I'll cut ya" attitude when dealing with the in-crowd! Regardless of whether she was ever mean to you or not, I still think it is GREAT that someone like her is now less than perfect herself!
    In a similar vein, the meanest girl from my high school has NOT aged well (probably due to baking herself in the sun) and now looks exactly like her mother did when we were in school! I, on the other hand, still get carded whenever I buy alcohol. Not really a NSV, but for sure an over-40 victory!

LOL most definitely a huge victory!!!
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    I got back on track today after slightly blowing it yesterday!
  • DianaLovesCoffee
    DianaLovesCoffee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    My quads are sore from doing squats. It's a good sore!
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    WO with the trainer later today. I requested we do measurements! Am feeling quite thin this week.
  • hotasfire36
    hotasfire36 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I increased my time on the Arc Trainer from 35 mins to 40 mins. I hope to be up to an hour in a couple of months B)
  • jim_just_jim
    jim_just_jim Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Feeling brave enough to sign up for a 10K !!! Jan 1st !!!
  • 0505jen
    0505jen Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I was able to cook the Christmas dinner without my feet and legs killing me from being on them all day!
    I have not had to take antacids (tums) in months!
  • 100andOnward
    100andOnward Posts: 145 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    My scale broke! I've suspected it's been on its way out for a while now, but today, it just went through a bunch of weights and turned off. Instead of being upset, I was happy and relieved. (ETA: not freaking out about not being able to weigh is the NSV. This is huge for me.)
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Deadlift 160 pounds 8 x 4
  • sweating_for_wedding
    Options
    I logged EVERYTHING I ate over Christmas break. The good, bad, and ugly of it. Huge NSV because I used to pretend it just didn't happen!
  • DianaLovesCoffee
    DianaLovesCoffee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Hit 10,000 steps on my Fitbit for the first time yesterday!
  • carriejones80
    Options
    My very small NSV is that I have rejoined MFP and plan on including my family in the lifestyle change this time. Hopefully, all four of us can stay focused. Here is to day two and I packed my breakfast and have lunch ready...ready to shred the unhealthy decisions we have been making...
  • rausharvey
    rausharvey Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I've been measuring my success a lot by standing in front of the mirror and seeing how my legs look when they are touching. I know that not everyone can have a thigh gap, and I'm not aiming for that (but if it happens, it's cool, too).

My calves used to touch and they haven't for awhile.
    But now my thighs are slowlyyyyy not touching. Right above the knees is a slight spot that doesn't touch, and it's so rewarding to see because the scale has been so slow in moving :)
  • Fit_Fox88
    Fit_Fox88 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I managed to workout both Saturday and Sunday this past weekend. It's been a longgggg time since I've worked out one day on a weekend, let alone both days.
  • Belle8312
    Belle8312 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Cathalain wrote: »
    My wedding ring is slipping OFF of my finger!!! It keeps turning around and it's slowly inching up to my knuckle. In a way, that's great but in a way, not so much. I'm scared of losing it! :laugh:

Put it on a chain and wear it around your neck...that way, when you get to your goal, go get it resized. :smiley:
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    My NSV is that I have been a member here for 2 years now. I actually have stuck with it! I haven't reached my goal weight yet, which I had planned on meeting by the end of May. Not sure that'll I'll make it by then but I'm okay with that. I have lost a lot, learned a lot, and haven't given up...so that's more important than the number on the scale. I've learned to love biking, tolerate running, enjoy kayaking, and look for new adventures that the me 2 years ago couldn't have done due to being so overweight and out of shape. This life style is manageable for anyone! It can seem difficult at times, requires time that you MUST make to succeed (food prep, working out), and the end can seem so far off that you just don't think it will ever happen...but the results are so worth the effort! Keep it up everyone, new and old! Give it 3 months and it will just become who you are and what you do! Allow yourself mistakes, they'll happen, don't beat yourself up...just keep going! Time will pass no matter what, might as well have it pass with you bettering yourself!
  • mrsmuckster
    mrsmuckster Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Today I put on some slacks that haven't worn in several months. Last time I wore them I couldn't button them today they easily buttoned and were a little loose around the waist. I was ready to leave when my daughter said let me see you - you need to take those pants off their so big you look like a gangster.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I just got called to sub my third Aqua fitness class. I'm actually getting paid to do something I love.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!