Scale not moving

Tacosmamma
Tacosmamma Posts: 39 Member
edited September 26 in Health and Weight Loss
Havent lost much weight but in the last 30 days... I have lost 1.5 inches on my hips, .25 inches on my neck, .75 inchese on my waist and .25 inches on my thighs....So as frustrating as it is to not see the scale move... I m still getting smaller

Replies

• e1lindsay
    e1lindsay Posts: 230
    i'm going through the same thing...sometimes it seems like the harder i push, the less results i see...i'm trying to remember what i did in week one to lose 3 pounds, because it's been itty-bitty weight losses since then...
  • AUPerry
    AUPerry Posts: 166
    I honestly think losing inches says more than losing weight.

I'm having the opposite problem, I'm losing weight, but not losing any inches.
    I'd much rather their be a visual change than something that my bipolar scale says.
  • davesfx
    davesfx Posts: 2
    While I do use the scale daily, it has helped me improve on not relying on scale weight as much. I record my weigh ins on Thursdays, but my weight may fluctuate a good 4-5 lbs over the week, always higher on the weekends. This is due to me carb/cal cycling. As long as your seeing numbers drop on measurements, your doing the right thing. Please dont be discouraged when the scale doesn't move. It could be excess water your holding. Its very normal. Keep doing what you do and the weight will come off. Its not about how much you weigh but how GREAT you look :)
  • elzettel
    elzettel Posts: 256
    I know the frustration but I try to remember 1lb of muscle burns about 40 or so calories and 1 lb of fat burns about 5 cals. It sucks not seeing the scale budge but it will soon. Keep up all the hard work!
  • csinor373
    csinor373 Posts: 8
    "Bipolar scale"..... I love it! That totally describes how my scale acts. One day lower weight, the next day up anywhere from 2 to 4 lbs depending on what I eat. (carbs and salt kill my numbers). Two days ago, my scale crept up 2 lbs each day and then this morning, I "magically" lost 4 lbs OVERNIGHT!

At least now I know what the problem is.....it's not me.....it's my bipolar scale!!! ROFL :laugh:
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Everyone of us has the scale stop on us. BUT, this journey we're on is not all about the scale. We're get healthier and losing inches too. Keep up the hard work, you're worth it. Good luck!!
  • Tacosmamma
    Tacosmamma Posts: 39 Member
    Thanks everyone! Clothes are fitting better and I feel so much better! I love the term " Bipolar scale" lol
This discussion has been closed.