now, he thinks i should join the 3 x per week zumba classes maybe walk
or run a few days and do some light weights to start. Any suggestions im
just really excited and ready to go. what did you do to start?? how far did you
push in the beginning? thanks so much. Debi

Replies

• DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    I started my weight loss with just walking/yoga for the first two months.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I'm leaning towards suggesting to start where you're comfortable. P90X is a great program, but it is really time consuming and challenging, and I'd hate to see you give up when you've only just started! When I started all this over a year ago, I did a Wii fitness game a few times a week and went to the gym to walk or use the elliptical 2 days a week. It wasn't too much on my body, and it got me used to working out (never done it regularly before in my life!). I'd say Zumba is a fantastic start, I've done it and it's SO much fun! And it's a good workout. That mixed up with walking, jogging, and definitely some light weights sounds like a fantastic start. You can increase the intensity as you get comfortable with that (start running, heavier weights, etc). Good luck!!
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    If you have never exercised, I'd start with walking and Zumba.
  • marnieinMB
    marnieinMB Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    He's right....P90x is not for the novice and I think you will get frustrated, feel down on yourself, and give up.

I got motivated by doing 15 minutes of Cross fit and realizing I need to be in better shape to do that workout!

Zumba, walking, and strength training with light weights are great ways to start. PLUS meeting people at a Zumba class will help with support, motivation, and questions.

You can push yourself and dig deep no matter what exercise.
    Good Luck.
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    id start with walking/jogging
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I agree with pretty much everyone else. P90X is not a starting program for "newbies." Try something more leisurely like Zumba or Wii Fit, and work your way up. P90X is super intense! Try a Jillian Michaels workout DVD to start perhaps?
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Everyone here is so helpful and friendly :flowerforyou:
    Thanks for the advise, duh i have a wii fit ! maybe the
    p90x can be a future goal
  • elsohypes
    elsohypes Posts: 30
    Options
    The key thing really is to find something you like :)
    About the p90 x, I dont know how fit you are but it is quite an intense program. I advise you to look into doing p90 before hand which is slighlty easier.
    either way just do whatever you like, and if youre up for a challenge try the p90/x