"You can have just one!"

Options

Replies

• CloudyMao
    CloudyMao Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    CloudyMao wrote: »
    I had a love interest say to me to "not lose too much weight" because he "doesn't want competition"

Glad you are speaking of this person in past terms. Sounds like a loser.

Dropped him superfast & dropped a good 50lbs since too.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    I read these types of threads and just shake my head. I do not have one single person around me that is a food pusher. I will not tolerate it and I think I give off a vibe that says as much.

I'm low carb and my DH doesn't have a clue what that means. He thinks I miss bread and chips and will always say, "You can have just one.". Yes, I can. I'm fully capable of doing so, but clearly you do not understand how keto affects the body. I just smile and nod. It's never going to change.
  • CloudyMao
    CloudyMao Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I read these types of threads and just shake my head. I do not have one single person around me that is a food pusher. I will not tolerate it and I think I give off a vibe that says as much.

I'm low carb and my DH doesn't have a clue what that means. He thinks I miss bread and chips and will always say, "You can have just one.". Yes, I can. I'm fully capable of doing so, but clearly you do not understand how keto affects the body. I just smile and nod. It's never going to change.

Keto is my new love <3
  • JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    The OP's pet peeve is my own pet peeve. I am making very healthy choices (for the most part) indulge when I feel like, and choose to watch what I put in my mouth.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    When gals in the office hear how much I can deadlift (for example)

"Aren't you afraid you'll get bulky?"

:o

I AM bulky, which is why I want to lose weight.

HELL YEAH I want all teh muskles.
  • 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    "You're losing your womanly curves."
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Why waste time getting peeved at such things? Just brush it off otherwise it wastes energy. So agree with bzah and esjones.
  • opalsqueak007
    opalsqueak007 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Very interesting thread - "just have one". Why do people do this? They also do it when you are teetotal or have packed up cigarettes. (I have done these two). Is it because they want you to be like them? What is wrong with them? "Don't get too skinny" - I got this one today. I am 5'7'' and 150lb and built like a barn door. I could never be skinny if I tried.
  • therealklane
    therealklane Posts: 2,172 Member
    Options
    "Damn, girl. How much did you weigh before?"
    Kind of a slam to the ego when you can tell they're thinking 'you've lost 111 lbs and you're still big'

Or when you tell someone you lift and they tell you it's not feminine or not to get too big.

Or when they just stare at what you're eating. Like. B%!@$, it fits my macros.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    I have none, because whatever they say is their stuff and really has nothing to do with me. :)

I'm on this train.
  • Pupslice
    Pupslice Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    'look how slim you are, you don't NEED to work out/watch what you eat!!!'

au contraire, i'm that way BECAUSE i do that stuff.
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    Not a peeve per se, but an observation. My mother eats like a bird, and if she has something on her plate that she can't finish, she keeps offering it to the rest of us at the table. I know it is a result of growing up poor and not wanting to waste food. I do have to tell her that we will not go to the poor farm or go hungry if she tosses out those three bites of whatever it is she doesn't have room for.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    Very interesting thread - "just have one". Why do people do this? They also do it when you are teetotal or have packed up cigarettes. (I have done these two). Is it because they want you to be like them? What is wrong with them? "Don't get too skinny" - I got this one today. I am 5'7'' and 150lb and built like a barn door. I could never be skinny if I tried.

Yep, "misery loves company", right? Congrats on all your healthy changes!
  • tinallen863
    tinallen863 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    I have none, because whatever they say is their stuff and really has nothing to do with me. :)

• jessicaann21
    jessicaann21 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Are you allowed to eat that?

And "Do you eat _________?"

Yes!! Do you eat. I hate that one! Of course I eat; just not the way I use to eat.
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    "looks like someone fell off the diet train" when I split a cookie/donut/office treat with another coworker. no, see, if I fell off the train, I'd have claimed every last bite of the treats, and I'd bite you if you tried to take one for yourself.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    The 'just have one' thing annoys me because I just can't stop at one!! That's how I gained so much weight in the first place!! :(
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    CloudyMao wrote: »

Keto is my new love <3

We could probably start a whole new thread on the stupid stuff people say when they find out we're doing keto, eh? :smiley:

Like the ever-classic "OMG, you're going to have a heart attack eating like that!" (though the jaw-through-the-floor look of disbelief when you respond with the fact that your cholesterol numbers improved drastically after starting almost makes up for it)
  • _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    The 'just have one' thing annoys me because I just can't stop at one!! That's how I gained so much weight in the first place!! :(
    Me too- if I give in to a treat (that wasn't planned) I still have that mentality of "I've blown it so I may as well have another cake now as well". My sensible self knows this is wrong but I just can't help it:(
  • opalsqueak007
    opalsqueak007 Posts: 433 Member
    Options

Yep, "misery loves company", right? Congrats on all your healthy changes!

Thanks so much :)