Looking to loose about 20lbs anybody similar?

Options
I've just turned 23 and I'm looking to loose 20 lbs over around 20 weeks or so to get back to my ideal weight and then I'll see how I feel. Little by little right?
Compared to many newbies on here my goal is hardly feeling ambitious. Anyone else looking to loose weight slowly and comfortably?

Replies

• MuddyEquestrian
    MuddyEquestrian Posts: 366 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    me me me! 24, looking to lose around 20-30lbs at a rate of about 1lb or so a week
  • RSEC75
    RSEC75 Posts: 45 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I'm trying to loose weight at a similar rate to you. Slowly and comfortably is best, it's the only way I've had success. I know if I tried to to loose faster I would just give up. It's easier to stick to if you don't cut calories too drastically.

I've been told that people who go with slow and steady find it easier to keep the weight off afterwards as well because instead of dieting being a fad, eating the correct calories becomes a way of life and increasing slightly to reach the maintenance calories level is easy to do without going way over the top back to eating too much again.

Before Christmas I lost 22lb in 20 weeks so similar to your goal... however I started with 50lb to loose and have put a couple back on over Christmas so my new year goal will be 30lb in 30 weeks.
  • txw955
    txw955 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    RSEC75 wrote: »
    I've been told that people who go with slow and steady find it easier to keep the weight off afterwards as well because instead of dieting being a fad, eating the correct calories becomes a way of life and increasing slightly to reach the maintenance calories level is easy to do without going way over the top back to eating too much again.

My logic exactly. I was fiddling with the goals last night after dinner and the difference in caloric between 1lb per week and 2lb per week is substantial. Even if I managed 2lbs a week for a month or so there's no way I could keep it up. I'll be the tortoise on this one
  • RSEC75
    RSEC75 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Yeah, so many people when they hear I am cutting calories say "Oh are you eating lots of salads now" or "Can you really eat that if you are cutting calories", but they seem to be used to the diets where you have to cut way way back on everything. I've found I can eat good size meals and even have a small portion of ice cream most days and still loose weight... just slowly and steadily :smile:
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    In the process of destroying these last 25 lbs as well.
  • amber5151
    amber5151 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Same here!