• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    dbmata wrote: »
    Char231023 wrote: »
    Posting that pic is very cruel. Making my mouth water.

I even made a special seasoning mix for it. ;) What's not shown is the table of vodka and aquavit right next to the two coolers of beer.

Better have been Abita beer...

there was an abita pecan sixer in there for me, the rest though was premium CA and Oregon stuff, including a 4 of Old Rasputin for me.

Your pic just made me look up to see how long it is till Mardi Gras... and I just realized I'm going to be in Rome on Fat Tuesday. Guess I will be celebrating with pounds of pasta and red wine instead of crawfish....

you're crazy if you think Roman Catholics don't celebrate Mardi Gras....
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    yoovie wrote: »
    Char231023 wrote: »
    Posting that pic is very cruel. Making my mouth water.

I even made a special seasoning mix for it. ;) What's not shown is the table of vodka and aquavit right next to the two coolers of beer.

Better have been Abita beer...

there was an abita pecan sixer in there for me, the rest though was premium CA and Oregon stuff, including a 4 of Old Rasputin for me.

Your pic just made me look up to see how long it is till Mardi Gras... and I just realized I'm going to be in Rome on Fat Tuesday. Guess I will be celebrating with pounds of pasta and red wine instead of crawfish....

you're crazy if you think Roman Catholics don't celebrate Mardi Gras....

Oh no I know they celebrate - I just meant that it won't be with crawfish etoufee and beer!

I'm also celebrating my 2 year anniversary on MFP that day and plan to commemorate the occasion with gelato and red wine. Which I probably would have done no matter where in the world I was...
  • Char231023
    Char231023 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    But nobody celebrates Mardi Gras like us Cajuns and Coon *kitten*.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    of all of the evils of man. The silly wet heads in Seattle made it illegal to have live crayfish shipped up from Louisiana. So, for that boil above, I had them shipped to a friend in Idaho and I drove them in. Everyone that ate that meal was a biologist of some sort or another, except for me and no one said nuthin'. lol.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness you people are so lucky! Crayfish are next to impossible to get here in Toronto, even frozen :(

You can catch all you want if you drive an hour or two north (well, in the spring and summer). :)
  • jaygreen55
    jaygreen55 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Here are 18 pages of crawfish recipes. Knock yourself out

http://www.foodnetwork.com/topics/crawfish.html

Here are another 59 allthough I'm sure they overlap

http://allrecipes.com/recipes/seafood/shellfish/crawfish/
  • hazleyes81
    hazleyes81 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    crawfish pie! YUM!!!