Need help slimming my arms!!

Options
Hey guys I just wanted some good advice on making my arms slimmer i am losing weight but i feel like my arms look like i got floaties on. I want to be able to wear tank tops this summer please help!! I need some exercises that will work please :o) thank you guys!!

Replies

• jaitken_22
    jaitken_22 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Me too! I have old lady like bingo wings!!!
  • JustMichelleB
    JustMichelleB Posts: 290
    Options
    Strength training, weights. Jillian Michaels, Jackie Warner DVDs. Pushups and pullups. All make for good upper body toning!
    I've found P90X to be great in this area as well!
  • KristiGuard
    KristiGuard Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I was thinking the same thing this morning. I have been told that bench dips are really good. And I think just good ol' fashion pushups are good too.
  • oohgraciela79
    Options
    u need to fill it out with muscle tone... if u don't, the skin will just sag. good luck!
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    If it's mostly loose skin, you can try doing some tricep strength exercises like dips and I think overhead pulls will work your triceps as well.
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    read this on jillian michaels' newsletter yesterday!!

Q: My arms are a flabby mess. Do you have a simple exercise to tone them up?

A:
    Absolutely! I've got just the thing. With toned triceps you can wave to your fans all you want (no more upper-arm jiggle!). Get started with tricep kickbacks, a terrific beginner exercise for sculpting the backs of your upper arms:

Tricep Kickbacks

Hold a dumbbell in each hand and stand with your feet hip-width apart with a slight bend to your knees.
    Bend over at the waist so that your torso is slightly above parallel with the floor. Bend both elbows so that your upper arms are locked at your sides parallel to the floor.
    Keeping your arms still, straighten your arms behind you until the end of the dumbbell is pointing down toward the floor with your palms facing in towards your body.
    Hold for a beat and inhale, slowly lowering your arms back to the starting position, and repeat.
    To do this properly, remember to keep your abs tight and your back flat.
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Strength training. Break out the heavy weights. Do this for a full body workout:

www.stronglifts.com
  • funfitfoodie
    funfitfoodie Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    weights, weights and weights.

There are also some good 'floor exercises' which can help like pressups, planks and triceps dips.

If you're not sure where to start try out a class at your local gym or find a DVD which has an arms section. I love the Davina Fit DVD which has a workout called Top Fit.
  • Zeromilediet
    Zeromilediet Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Remember Linda Hamilton in Terminator 2?

She trained 3 hours a day, six days a week with a personal trainer; now, a normal person might not be motivated to do that, but maybe you can adapt her Workout. Unless you want to look like her :-)

Part of her routine (which also included running, stair climbing, walking lunges & ab work, etc.) included this upper body regimen:

Four times a week – 4 sets of 8 to 12 reps per exercise:

Mondays, Thursdays – Chest, shoulders, triceps
    •Dumbbell bench press
    •Inclined flies
    •Lateral raises
    •Front raises
    •Kickbacks

Tuesdays, Fridays – Back, biceps
    •One-arm rows
    •Bent-over rows
    •Standing curls

When the movie came out I was so impressed that this was my routine for a few months, and the results were awesome. If you have a short term Summer Arms In a Tank Top goal, then try it!
  • HoopFire5602
    HoopFire5602 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Right now I love the workout in Muscle and Ftiness: Hers from the May issue. I can see a lot more definition in my arms. It's a three day a week plan, and it is pretty hard. It contains a lot of the exercises above, too. But, with this workout it requires a heavier weight set...I usually use 20-25 for my arms, but you could always build up to that.
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Strength training! Jillian Michaels' loves shoulders and arms, Jackie Warner Upper Body, Shaun T. Insanity Upper Body. My friend swears by Tracy Anderson :happy: