I wish I was a little bit smaller...I wish I was a baller....

Options
How much weight can you safely lose in a week? I am 5'2, 41 years old and weigh about 155. I am thinking about 125 would be an awesome weight for me. I have three jobs that are on my feet all day. I could work more exercise into my life still though. Thoughts? Comments??

Replies

• Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    2lb/week is the recommended maximum.
    As long as you are getting your diet right and logging, with the work you do being on your feet all day.. you will do brilliantly!!

All the best with your goals, feel free to add me!
  • eddied91
    eddied91 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    No more than 2 pounds per week. About 2 years ago I ate about 300kcals a day for about 4 months lost around 5 stone. But you just put it back on and hence why Im back here doing it properly. Dont make the same mistake I did. Slow and steady, change you lifestyle and dont think of it as a diet
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    More a question of how much you can keep off. I've lost 25lbs this year at a rate of about 1/2 lb per week. When I reach goal weight it won't so much be a finish line, but rather a small adjustment to maintenance.

Also - while exercise is great - its diet that will rid you of those unwanted pounds. (And I don't mean "a diet" I mean what you eat.)
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Since you have not much to lose, I suggest 1/2 pound a week. Anymore then that and you will lose a lot of muscle. Remember slow and steady is the healthy way to lose the weight and keep it off. ;)
  • veemcee
    veemcee Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Because of the title of your post alone, you are officially my favorite person! :D
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I wish I had a rabbit in a hat with a bat
  • Roxy_Arcane
    Roxy_Arcane Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    And a six four Impala
  • ogsteinkid
    Options
    Best message post title seen thus far!
  • Roxy_Arcane
    Roxy_Arcane Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I second that
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    ^^^Nineties Kydz^^
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I need to go out to my 1987 Camaro and dig through my CD binder and pull out the Jock Jams . . .oh wait, I don't have any of those things anymore.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    It took me a year to lose 29lb and I've kept it off for 2 years. I'm 5'3 and usually 126 (now 128 due to a broken leg in October).

If you're active you'll lose it with no problems, be patient. You don't want to do this again.

On the I-want-to-be-more-active side. It's important to be physically active - that's defined as 30 minutes of activity like walking, 5x a week. To be physically fit takes an additional 30 minutes of moderate to vigorous activity 5x a week.

On the I-wish-I-was-a-ballerina side - I never got dance lessons as a kid, but I recently started going to an open ballet class at my YMCA every week and it's fantastic. It doesn't matter when you start.
  • michele040673
    michele040673 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the kind words ❤️