To all of my DFW and Texas people........

Loveebbs
Loveebbs Posts: 300 Member
edited September 26 in Food and Nutrition
They are bringing the Trader Joe's franchise to Texas:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_localpn/20110503/ts_yblog_localpn/first-dallas-trader-joes-will-open-by-the-end-of-2011

I always wanted to go to one so finally I will get a chance in the near future.

Replies

• Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    I saw that. I know a lot of people love this place, so forgive my ignorance, but how is TJ's different from Sprouts and Whole Foods and the other healthy stores we have around here?
  • KhollerSA05
    KhollerSA05 Posts: 39 Member
    Trader Joes has a different atmosphere. I am a trader joes Fan, but as far as selection I woudl still probably go with whole foods. Joes is good for specialty stuff though. it's just on a smaller scale.
  • runnermel
    runnermel Posts: 278
    man...good for y'all! I dream of having any of those in our little Texas town. we are just too small.... :o(
  • Loveebbs
    Loveebbs Posts: 300 Member
    I saw that. I know a lot of people love this place, so forgive my ignorance, but how is TJ's different from Sprouts and Whole Foods and the other healthy stores we have around here?

I know for me, I'm excited to try their products since people always give a good review on them and I was told that they are cheaper than Whole Foods. But I love Whole Foods also, so I will have to compare and see.
  • I just saw this yesterday too and got excited!!
  • mskon
    mskon Posts: 64
    Awesome! I love my Whole Foods though. I'm excited to compare the two!
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    I'm a California girl in Texas and am THRILLED about TJ's coming. It's actually very different from WF. It's much smaller and has more gourmet foods. It's much less like a big super market.
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Excited! I was wondering when we were going to get one.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    I hope it comes to us or I'll be making lots of trips to DFW!!!!

I fell in love with TJ's in California and Wichita Falls doesn't have anything remotely close. :sad:
  • texastae1010
    texastae1010 Posts: 165
    I am from Houston and just moved to Indiana where we have Trader Joes...I like TJ's a lot better than whole foods they do not offer the products at whole food that you can find at HEB or other stores and they are so nice and here they are cheaper than whole foods and they have a larger meat/fish selection that is organic or free range vs the whole foods here...just sharing as I just found out about TJ's up here and I miss my Texas so I had to read this post
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    I've seen Trader Joe's in so many peoples diaries! I'm so excited for it to be coming to Dallas!!
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Is it better than Central Market? I love that place so much.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    I like TJ's, Whole Foods and Central Market all for different reasons. I don't think anything can compete with Central Market. Their selection of fresh fish, meat, cheese & produce is better than both WF and TJ's. They are all very different. I would shop at all three for different reasons. TJ's is smaller and feels more like a market. I love it and I'm glad it's coming to TX, but I wouldn't choose it over CM!
  • lesrod82
    lesrod82 Posts: 7 Member
    Awesome!! I've been hoping for a Trader Joe's here for a while.
This discussion has been closed.