Loose skin, what's your stats

Options
2»

Replies

• Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I'm 35 and have loose skin on my stomach, inner thighs (probably the worst/noticeable), upper arms, and a bit on my butt.

I've lost 65 lbs, however - In my late teens I lost over 100 lbs on a crash liquid diet in less than 6 months, and gained it all back in my 20's. So, my loose skin issues have been with me for well over a decade. My inner thighs, for instance, never filled out even after gaining weight back.

edit to add stats: female, 5'5", 280's-ish starting weight - both times.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I'm not down to my goal weight yet. I have around 11lbs to go. I can't tell if it's fat or loose skin on my belly?? When I suck it in it goes all wrinkly and papery looking above my belly button. And when I get in the plank position it hangs in a sort of pouch, looks terrible! How can you tell the difference between fat and loose skin?
    I started at 80ish kgs, and am now 65kgs. 42 and 5" 8
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    do you have loose skin? yes
    Where? lower stomach, thighs, upper arm area
    How much? when i bend forward my lower stomach hangs down like an old plastic bag but in general i dont think i have that much lets just say it could be much worse
    How much have you lost so far, planning to lose and height? ive lost 160 pounds planning on losing another 10 im 5'5
    How old are you? 26
  • CA_Underdog
    CA_Underdog Posts: 733 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    And when I get in the plank position it hangs in a sort of pouch, looks terrible! How can you tell the difference between fat and loose skin?
    It sounds like some loose-ish skin. I would expect tight skin to resist sag and provide more support, similar to putting your hands on your tummy, and gently pulling the skin inwards and upwards. Not all aspects of aging are flattering--hence why celebrities get so many surgeries--but these changes are natural and age improves us in other ways, or so it seems to me! :)

Myself? My tummy and thighs were feeling loose 4-5 months ago after significant (~70lbs) weight loss. They're not tight now, but not so loose either. Maintaining awhile apparently helps.

I have more to lose. Not sure what I'll do if/when I hit goal!

• Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    To be honest this is just so I know other people are going through the same thing as me, I guess it makes it a little easier!
    Ok so firstly, do you have loose skin? Where? How much? How much have you lost so far, planning to lose and height? How old are you?
    Anybody had surgery on it? Successful?
    Basically, any info on your excess skin! Thanks

Stomach/chest & legs
    Not that bad I've seen 2 plastic surgeons one said I shouldn't do it the other said that I should
    I lost 172lbs
    I'm fine with my skin compared to others I have seen mine really isn't that bad. I wouldn't even say I have lose skin on my chest as I add muscle it keeps filling out.

If you live in Toronto I will gladly recommend someone to go to and someone to avoid! One plastic surgeon was horrible (the one that said I should do it) the other was amazing! the price difference was crazy too the one against my surgery came in 10K cheaper then then the other guy. Just message me

• lalepepper
    lalepepper Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Ok so firstly, do you have loose skin? Where? How much?
    Yep, I do. The main area is my lower abdomen - I have a bit of a pannus - see this link for more info - that remains after I've lost weight in that area. It isn't too big, but it might droop a little more as there is still fat in the area that I can lose. I also am noticing the skin on my upper arms is getting a little more loose.
    How much have you lost so far, planning to lose and height? How old are you?
    I've lost 84 lbs so far and have about 30 left to go to reach my initial goal of 180 lbs, which puts me in the healthy weight range. At that point, I plan to focus more on my fat % and increasing muscle mass. I am 6' tall and started at 293 lbs. I am 24 years old.
    Anybody had surgery on it? Successful?
    No surgery, but I am open to the idea depending on how my loss turns out. I will have lost an entire person's worth of weight by the time I reach my goals, and accept the idea that it might be something that will help me feel best in my skin, however I will not consider it until I have had a few years of maintenance.
  • LumberJacck
    LumberJacck Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    No loose skin but lost 28kg (94 -> 66) at age 48
  • ScottDowell
    ScottDowell Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Guys, nice discussion, helpful for various peoples. amazing talk and solutions.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    Guys, nice discussion, helpful for various peoples. amazing talk and solutions.

yep, very interesting thread!

• Miss_1999
    Miss_1999 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'8
    Highest Weight: 400lbs
    Current Weight: 214lbs

Total Loss: 186lbs

Years Obese: 31

Excess Skin: Arms, Stomach, Legs, Back. Need Breast Lift. WILL have body/breast lift within next two years.

Looking to lose (possibly) 15 to 20lbs. If it doesn't come off, no stress. Am happy where I am.
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    male.
    sw 106 kg/235 lbs.
    cw 80kg/179 lbs.
    80% of loose,saggy belly skin has firmed up now ,probably due to trainers advice of 20 mins core exercise daily( planks,abdominal stretches etc).
    strength training 4x weekly.
    full body cardio daily ( rowing,swimming,elliptical) .
    fully expect it to be almost normal in a further 3 months of above routines.
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Age: 52. Total loss,125 pounds. I've been maintaining for almost a year. My excess skin is more of the wrinkly elephant variety. I dont have a ton of hanging skin, just some on my belly. It has gone down a little bit, but I guess I'm fortunate, although I dont like it, its not as bad as some pictures I've seen.
  • coyotegrowl
    coyotegrowl Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have my second tummy tuck consultation in August...
  • LaarainNYC
    LaarainNYC Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Lost a lot of weight 20 years ago. Have kept most of it off. The 20 lbs I've put actually looks better on my torso than the loose skin did. Of course, I'll look better in clothes and be healthier when I loose the weight.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I'm 55. I got loose skin and flab every 15 pounds or so. I lost 41 (hit my goal). And it all tightened up and looks great now.

Highest weight 188. Current weight 147. (I'm 5'10").
  • Christine_72
    Options
    nxd10 wrote: »
    I'm 55. I got loose skin and flab every 15 pounds or so. I lost 41 (hit my goal). And it all tightened up and looks great now.

Highest weight 188. Current weight 147. (I'm 5'10").

well done! I'm 42, so there might be some hope for me yet... :#

• blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I'm 26 and 5'3". My highest weight was 235 lbs (during pregnancy). I am currently 160 lbs with a goal around 125. I have loose skin on my belly and boobs. My arms and legs have a good bit of stretch marks (I even managed to get them on my calves) but they aren't loose..yet.

Im hoping the skin goes back eventually. At least on my stomach. My boobs are probably shot. I nursed my child for 2.5 years and that took a lot out of them. It was worth it.

I don't think I will have a procedure to fix it if it doesn't. It's not bad enough to worry about.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    With my last pregnancy, I gained an extreme amount of weight (70+lbs, started at ~140lbs). After the birth, I developed hyperthyroidism and lost ALL of that weight (plus more) in less than 12 weeks (To be fair, 20lbs was birth materials, baby, and extreme water bloat, but still...). Overactive/hyperthyroid sucks just as much as hypo :(

My thyroid hormones are stabilized in the normal range now for the last 5 years, but the extreme weight gain and subsequent fast loss left my belly and thighs with a lot of loose, damaged skin, which is more apparent now that I've lost my "back to college, lazy butt" weight. Oh, and the boobs, well they're still the same(ish) size, but definitely more "empty" than "full" looking. But that's just age and genetics, too.

Will I win any bikini contests or be a pinup model anytime? Nah, but it doesn't bother me one bit. I earned every one of my flaws, and they tell a story. And anyway, that's why people invented control-top pantyhose and awesome bras. And compression pants for working out; just tuck that stuff in and get on with your awesome self ;)