my plan please tell me what you think

Options
I have a very simple plan. Eat better work out. I am a vegetarian that hardly eats vegetables other than potatoes and processed meat free options. That's kinda sad. I am going to add more veggies and fruit to my diet but still allow small portions of those not so great treated like chocolate. I plan to lift weights and do some cardio for my heart . basically that's it. What you think anything to add or suggest?

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Protein is the most important - do you hit that goal ?
  • ihatebeingfat23
    Options
    Ummm you know idk lol
  • ihatebeingfat23
    Options
    My breakfast had 22g
  • FitnessTrainer69
    FitnessTrainer69 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Try to match your bodyweight in protiens and everything else should be fine.
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Hard to judge a plan without knowing your objective.
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Logging your food is really helpful and usually an eye opener.
  • ihatebeingfat23
    Options
    I plan to try dropping 40 lbs in a year or so. Yup logging my food open diary if you want to look but today is the fist day I have really started logging everything.
  • Soon2BeMrsSherriff
    Options
    Good luck! I am sure you will do great
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Good plan :)

Along with more veggies, make sure you're getting enough protein with things like nuts and beans etc.

Also, if you're planning on working out anyway, might I suggest lifting heavy weights - great for helping maintain lean mass whilst at deficit (along with keeping a small sensible deficit).
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I plan to try dropping 40 lbs in a year or so. Yup logging my food open diary if you want to look but today is the fist day I have really started logging everything.

Set your goal for 1 lb/week, be honest with yourself about your calorie in and out and experiment with what foods and eating patterns best satisfy you within your calories. The other stuff doesn't matter.
  • ihatebeingfat23
    Options
    Thanks guys great advice!
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    You said you want to eat better and work out. A great plan, but you have to be aware of how much your eating, not just how healthy it is. Buy a food scale, measure and count your calories too!
  • ihatebeingfat23
    Options
    I just got one for Christmas I am really excited to use it.
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you got one! I cant imagine being without one anymore.
  • ihatebeingfat23
    Options
    I am really excited about this I am so not happy where I am. I wish I had started sooner
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you got it

Good luck

Just keep logging...weighing and logging...and keep at a calorie defecit...macros can come later once you're used to it

Greek 0% yogurt is an excellent protein source as well
  • ihatebeingfat23
    Options
    I will have to get some I have never thought much about protein but guess maybe why I am never satisfied.
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I think you've got a good handle on this. Just be clear with your goals.

Lose weight - just needs a calorie deficit.
    More nutrients - eating more veg.
    Reduce muscle loss as you lose weight - lift heavy.

Et cetera.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options

If your plan is to lose weight, eat less-not just better. And like others said, protein is your friend.
  • ihatebeingfat23
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

If your plan is to lose weight, eat less-not just better. And like others said, protein is your friend.
    I thought the eat less thing was a duh thing lol I plan on eating more protein I think my lack of it could explain why I am never full