CrossFit

Options
I'm thinking about starting CrossFit? Has anyone had any success with any related program?

Replies

• MalineVD
    MalineVD Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Yes I have :)
    I did crossfit for two years, before I had to stop due to surgery (nothing sports related) and it was the best thing I've ever done. The first few times you die, but after that you start feeling like a superhero after every workout. I lost some weight, but more inportantly, my body made huge changes. I became strong, fit and looked so much better. Not bulky at all! And the community is amazing! I never felt like a dumbass when I was struggling with the weights in the beginning (compared to how some guys make you feel in an ordinary gym) and everybody is extremely supportive. You really feel part of a team where everybody helps everybody. I can highly recommend it! If you have any questions, you can always friend request or private message me!
  • dawnnezat
    Options
    I've been doing it for three years and love it. Literally changed my life. My adivce, try it but realize going in that you're not going to keep up with those around you. That's not what it's about. It's finding your skill level and working on improving that. And the great thing is that people around you will support you no matter what you do and if you finish last. You WILL be sore. You WILL think its crazy. But if you give it a month you WILL fall in love with it. I'd rather be strong than skinny. Enjoy!
  • katscoots
    katscoots Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Just started about 6 weeks ago. I really really like it. The best thing for me is that if I went to a gym to work out; I would never do the weight lifting and other core workouts that Cross Fit offers. I would just go do cardio and that would be it, well and maybe some sit ups and push ups, on a good day. It's hard, but everything is scalable. You do what you can and if you can't do a rep, you can't do it. I've found no judgment there and the coaches are always very helpful.
  • Wronkletoad
    Wronkletoad Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    check out the group at MFP. and when you're doing it, scale appropriately, and have fun!

fun stuff!
  • msangsterm
    msangsterm Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've been CFing for 6 years (and through 1 pregnancy) and it is the best decision I ever made. The people, the mentality, the workouts, everything! I played sports growing up, swam in college but since I have started cross fitting, I'm healthier and stronger now at 36 years old. I HIGHLY recommend it :-). ( love it so much that I got my level 1 too!)
  • kota4bye
    kota4bye Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Do it!