In need of support

Options
Hi, my name is Cindy. Struggling with losing weight on my own and I have decided to try food and exercise journaling. I know I do better with accountability however, my husband is NOT the accountability I need. I end up getting angry with him and resenting his help. Anyone out there interested in keeping in touch and sharing their weight loss struggles and successes?

Replies

• dianafer
    Options
    Hi Cindy, my name is Diana. I'm not new to my fitness pal but have also struggled with accountability and staying motivated while needing to lose weight. I have gained about 25 lbs over the last 2 years and need this weight off now! My situation with my hubby is the same, he's fit and isn't much of tactful person when it comes to helping me stay on track. I've decided to be serious today and start to get back in shape. I am 40 lbs over my goal weight but I want to be fit and I know once you put on muscle weight is nothing but a number..I have a hectic schedule but I am here to help you and ask that you help me too along the way. Looking forward to this journey :smile:
  • cgreer48
    cgreer48 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Diana, Thanks for replying. I live in Central Oregon and am on Day 2 of MFP. I am wondering if you have any yummy recipes with calorie break down you can share with me. I also know I need to exercise more and move this body of mine. What are your health New Years goals for 2015? I would like to get on my road bike more, run a 10k or 1/2 marathon (if my plantar fasciitis heals) and get the gym twice a week to do strength training. I should add yoga to the mix too - all that being said I guess I would sum it up as to move my body more and make it a daily priority. My son is getting married on August 1st and another son got engaged over Christmas and I want to look amazingly strong and healthy for those celebrations. Happy New Year! ~Cindy
  • KellyDawnRabon
    Options
    Feel free to add me(=
  • kristimason3
    kristimason3 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I have been on here 110 days today. Met my goal a couple weeks ago, but still log every day and am always looking for positive friends to help me stay on track as yoyo dieting has been my MO for many years and this year my goal is to maintain and het stronger. I figure if I can stay here for another full year then I will break my cycle of up and downs. I started at 172lbs, am currently at 135. This site is awesome and I can't stress enough how having a lot of supportive, like minded people on here for motivation, advice and support has helped. Feel free to add me if you like and good luck on your journey!
  • Cyndith27
    Options
    I too have a weak support system at home. My husband and my father live with me. Both are fit and are from fit families. Neither one of them have ever had a weight issue and tend to be underweight and need to gain a few rather than having to lose a few. So it is difficult being 90 pounds overweight and 2/3 of my household eating fried chicken, ice cream and hamburgers. I have a long way to go on my weight loss journey and am just starting out. But I would like to look decent in a sundress or shorts by next year since I live in a beach town. Add me as a friend and we can support each other!
  • kristimason3
    kristimason3 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    As far as recipes go there are a lot of great ones that mfp emails me each day. Also I log my own here as well and have an open diary. When I was starting out I just made a lot of substitutions to what I would normally eat. Ground turkey where I used to add ground beef, turkey bacon in place of regular, laughing cow cheese wedges in place of American cheese (those little suckers are good in practically everything and have been a life saver on adding flavor to bland diet stuff), pretzel crisps instead of chips etc. This way I just incorporate those things into the recipes I'd normally make, leaving me still feeling full and not feeling deprived. I still eat sweets once in awhile, I still take the kids out to pizza once a month and I've never seen a lack of progress yet. That and I walk every day for at least 30 minutes. Its sustainable, nothing crazy and for me at least it works.
  • VJ106
    VJ106 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've been on MFP for about a year now. I fall in to the ways of eating what I want, not excercising and falling off track. I'm going to stick with it this time as a commitment to myself! I've been logging and doing good with my calorie counting and I have just joined the gym Dec. 6th, which helps me stay more motivated and accountable. I have a friend at work who goes to the gym I joined and she is the one that introduced me to MFP as well. I think the team work and having someone who can understand the struggles definitely helps!
    Feel free to add me as well. I do have some recipes I can share. I know some recipes can be hard to get accustomed too, which is also part of my struggle.