best foods for dropping weight fast

Options
Im looking to lose about 80lbs but i want to do it as quick as possible so want to know what foods are best for this.
cheers

Replies

• jagi410
    jagi410 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Everything you already eat! Just less of it.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    jagi410 wrote: »

+1
  • LookingBusy
    LookingBusy Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Is there someone you can talk to about your weight loss goal - maybe meet some successful people on these boards?

On another thread I noticed you are trying to lose 5 lbs per week and are only at 1200 cal per day. I don't see your stats but judging by your picture I can safely guess that 1200 is much too low for you! Plus 5 lbs a week is not realistic or sustainable.

Why the rush?
  • tazmania95
    tazmania95 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    As been trying to lose weight for years and tired of nothing working so want to try and find best ways to drop it fast and then build muscel. I want to lose about 80lbs
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    tazmania95 wrote: »
    Im looking to lose about 80lbs but i want to do it as quick as possible so want to know what foods are best for this.
    cheers

Yeah, good luck with that approach....
  • 52cardpickup
    52cardpickup Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Troll? Troll.

If not troll: carbs, fat, protein, in reasonable proportions. Check here.
  • Rose6300
    Rose6300 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    jagi410 wrote: »

+1
    +2
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    No tricks. Less of everything.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    calorie deficit- which just means less of what you're currently eating.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Are you looking for magic foods? Just eat less, no foods have magical properties, despite what internet popups may tell you.
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    Eat more protein. I aim for 30% of my calories from protein. Research shows that people who hit this number eat 400-500 calories per day less than people who eat 15% protein. The reason is simply that you feel fuller longer when you eat protein and are less likely to snack. Also, you will have a very slight increase in metabolism from doing this (it's small though..80-100 calories per day based on the studies) because your body must work harder to digest protein. I aim for 30% protein, 30% fat, and 40% carbs. Finally, if you eat a lot of protein, research shows that more of the weight you lose will be fat and less muscle will be lost.

Skinless chicken, yogurt, cottage cheese, peanut butter, eggs, salmon...these are all part of my standard diet. I also eat fruit in moderation. Lots of green vegetables. Not too many starchy vegetables.

I almost never eat sugar, bread, pasta, rice. I never eat them at home.

Now, there will be people who claim you can eat anything you want as long as you keep calories within your targeted range. Sure, that may be true. However, I tried that, it worked initially, then I eventually stopped losing. The only thing I changed was to increase protein and reduce carbs and the weight loss started again and has been consistent for quite a while now. Also, giving up some of the sugar and other carbs meant that after about two weeks I no longer got any carb cravings. That REALLY helped me stick to my new habits. So I don't claim everybody in the world must eat like I eat to lose weight, but this is perfect for me and is my advice to anyone who asks.

• lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    As others have said - calorie deficit. There are no magical fat burning foods that exist. Unless maybe you're a unicorn. If you're not a unicorn, eat at a deficit, exercise, and eat protein at every meal. It's not magic, but it will help with satiety and make you less likely to overeat.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    If you've been trying to lose weight quickly and nothing has worked, maybe try losing slower while eating food you like.

No reason to wait to build muscle. Start strength training now to maintain the LM you have.
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I know of no other breakfast as filling as oats with protein powder and peanut butter, keeps me full for good 6 hours.
  • mallory_2014
    mallory_2014 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    If you have been trying before and had no results, you either were not trying hard enough or were not sustaining a proper deficit. No food will increase fat loss, only a calorie deficit will. You need a lifestyle change, not a diet. Eat at a deficit and you will lose weight. Log everything, and weigh food and measure all liquids. If you don't, you will not be accurately logging.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    there aren't any magic foods. go read the stickies in the getting started board.
  • DaveTimeKeeper
    DaveTimeKeeper Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    try boosting metabolism and drinking plenty of water. other than that there's no real magic foods other than non processed foods
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    It's going to take a long time to lose eighty pounds. You might want to consider using that time to learn how to make yourself a healthier person by eating healthy.

You could start here: http://cdn1.sph.harvard.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/30/2013/04/HEPApr2013.jpg

I don't know if there is a magical combination of foods that helps you lose faster than some other combination. If there is, nobody has hit on it yet.

Good luck to you. New year, new beginning! :)

• Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    tazmania95 wrote: »
    As been trying to lose weight for years and tired of nothing working so want to try and find best ways to drop it fast and then build muscel. I want to lose about 80lbs

To be totally blunt, this mindset is most likely WHY you have "failed" before. Slow down. There is no reason to lose fast. Do you want to be healthy? Then the 80lbs is only a small amount of the problem. Plus, very low calorie diets and super fast weight loss is the best way to lose muscle mass.