how was your run?

Options
Mine was perfect it is always so nice here in the mornings about 50F and so pretty to look at. I had a wonderful peaceful run. How about you?

Replies

• _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    31 degrees and windy but it felt nice after a couple of miles. I was sweating pretty nicely by the end of it. It was cloudy so no pretty sunrise but still a pretty good morning.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    27F and no wind. Trail running, so no looking at the view, but still lovely. Still air, gorgeous sunshine. Just getting back into it after a break to fix up some plantar fas, which made it all the more enjoyable. Oh, and at the end, hot coffee with my running buddy (my sister) :)
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    16F with a windchill of 6F. Sweet run in the dark...
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    15℉ (-9.4℃) with a wind chill of 6℉, light snow falling, about an inch of accumulation on the streets and sidewalks. I did 4 miles (6.4 km) with Kahtoola Nanospikes over my shoes for traction. It was great!
  • acmanna
    acmanna Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    28F, snowing, windy and ab 8 inches of snow on the ground. I didn't go very far but boy my legs burned!
  • Runcakes
    Runcakes Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    -14C and windy...just a little chilly! It was a nice trail run though.
  • ephiemarie
    ephiemarie Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    -4F with 18 mph winds. Overdressed (again! apparently I will never learn) and had to cut it short because I was too hot.
  • jyogit
    jyogit Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    i run inside so mines a constant day in day out .. it was -4 outside on my last run though ... i couldnt run outside..i take too many clothes off when im running .. lol
  • ihatebeingfat23
    Options
    Wow you guys are so dedicated I hate being cold!
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options

I wasn't cold. I wore thermal tights, wool socks with wicking liners, a wool base layer, a synthetic shirt over that, a shell jacket, light gloves, a headband with ear flaps, and a wool cap. After running for about 5 minutes I was warm enough to take off the cap. After 10 minutes I unzipped the pit zips in my shell for ventilation. After 15 minutes I took off the gloves because my hands were getting too hot. The only part of me that was cold was my face, and that wasn't too bad.

It costs a little bit to get cold-weather exercise clothes, but it's still a lot cheaper than a gym membership or a treadmill!
  • ihatebeingfat23
    Options
    bwogilvie wrote: »

I wasn't cold. I wore thermal tights, wool socks with wicking liners, a wool base layer, a synthetic shirt over that, a shell jacket, light gloves, a headband with ear flaps, and a wool cap. After running for about 5 minutes I was warm enough to take off the cap. After 10 minutes I unzipped the pit zips in my shell for ventilation. After 15 minutes I took off the gloves because my hands were getting too hot. The only part of me that was cold was my face, and that wasn't too bad.

It costs a little bit to get cold-weather exercise clothes, but it's still a lot cheaper than a gym membership or a treadmill!
    I am glad I live in a warm place that is great you can get your runs in!
  • mrsKOrtiz
    mrsKOrtiz Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Im still using a treadmill.
  • ihatebeingfat23
    Options
    mrsKOrtiz wrote: »
    Im still using a treadmill.
    Better than not at all
  • loratliff
    loratliff Posts: 283 Member
    Options

If you're dressed properly, you'll be warm no matter the weather. Running generates a lot of body heat.
  • ihatebeingfat23
    Options
    loratliff wrote: »

If you're dressed properly, you'll be warm no matter the weather. Running generates a lot of body heat.
    I don't have to worry about cold thankfully makes me feel bad for making excuses in the past lol
  • ihatebeingfat23
    Options
    We had a tropical storm here and clean up is taking forever! Idk what they are waiting on but there are downed trees everywhere! Guess its going to be a workout video kinda day.
  • SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    18 km run in the rain...