I know, I really do...but

Options
I cant seem to eat my calories back. I was so full yesterday that I had to force myself to eat a sandwich for supper. Then i felt bad because my body was not hungry. I was more thirsty if anything, and I get my water in every day and then some. I read the post on here about whether or not to eat back calories and I totally get it..it makes perfect sense, but do I force myself? I definitely don't want to plateau again..I bought nuts to snack on so I feel like I'm doing my best...now the question is..is it good enough??? :frown:

Replies

• Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    How far did you fall below your goal? If it's within a hundred calories of goal, I wouldn't worry too much.

But I understand the problem, because I have many days that I'm eating when not hungry.

Sometimes it's easier to drink calories than eat them, so try adding a protein shake to your routine on workout days.

If you wait until you've already performed the exercise, it's nearly impossible to get exercise calories in. So add calories to EVERY meal and snack throughout the day to get those calories in without having to stuff yourself. 50 calories added to each will often bring you up to goal.

You can also try substituting full-fat foods for low-fat ones, which will increase the calories but not the volume of food you need to eat.
  • nctj
    nctj Posts: 36
    Options
    last night I had 682 remaining and the night before was over 800...but I am seriously full at every meal.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    What I do is plan my days with exercise already included. That way I'm spreading them out through out the day and am not totally scrambling at the end.
    If your feeling full though, don't force it. Your only going to make yourself sick and thats not what you want.. you need to listen to your body.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I usually exercise away about 1000 calories or more. I can't possibly eat back that amount without over eating. I just make sure I get over my 12 and don't feel uncomfortable either way. I don't have an excessive amount of weight to lose (I figured only 20 lbs when I got on here), so my journey could be very different from someone elses.
  • new_Kendra
    new_Kendra Posts: 80
    Options
    Personally, I listen to my body. I do not eat my exercise calories unless I am hungry. If I get hungry, I know they are there to fall back on, but I don't force myself to eat them...and i usually don't need them. I do at least get the minimum calories though. And with my sweet cravings, i don't usually have a problem getting that :grumble: ...even if is just a piece of fruit and/or a tablespoon of peanut butter right off of the spoon with a glass of milk. As long as you are getting your minimum calories and taking a good multi-vitamin, I wouldn't worry too much if you feel good.
  • olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I have that problem sometimes if I wait too long to eat more. So I try to get some snacks in, and make it so my dinner will be those extra calories. I typically can't manage to eat them all back, but I try to get a net of at least 1200.

I would say it just takes some pre-planning, and while it's probably not the most important thing to eat them all back every time, you should make sure your body is getting enough regularly.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    last night I had 682 remaining and the night before was over 800...but I am seriously full at every meal.

Why don't you just exercise less? Do enough so you get the fitness benefits from it but scale it back if you are concerned. You will outstrip your recovery capacity if you eat too little and exercise too much.
  • runlorirun
    runlorirun Posts: 389
    Options
    I make sure I eat the 1200 calories but don't alway eat the additional ones gained from exercise. I have found it helps to eat 4 smaller meals a day then trying to cram it all into three meals. When I am way under I will add mayo to my sandwich or add more meat/cheese. Most of all I try to listen to my body.