Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

When do I start losing thigh fat?

Hello,

I've been losing weight for a couple months but I have a question.... Fat from the arms and stomach are pretty minimal in my perspective but I want to lose thigh as as I have the most fat there, when does it start to go away?

Replies

• jo7777777
    jo7777777 Posts: 30 Member
    Keep continuing on losing fat. You can't spot reduce fat.
  • jorda13456
    jorda13456 Posts: 62 Member
    jo7777777 wrote: »

Okay Thanks!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member

Agreed, it'll come off where it wants, just keep eating at a deficit
  • jorda13456

Agreed, it'll come off where it wants, just keep eating at a deficit

Thank you

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Great job thus far. As others have said, you can't spot reduce, so keep doing what you're doing. If you haven't already incorporated weight training, its a great idea to do so. Lunges, squats, hip thrusters, etc., help to tighten up the business while losing.
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member

for me it's boobs before thighs !! :(
  • jorda13456
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Great job thus far. As others have said, you can't spot reduce, so keep doing what you're doing. If you haven't already incorporated weight training, its a great idea to do so. Lunges, squats, hip thrusters, etc., help to tighten up the business while losing.
    I will keep that in mind for when i'm exercising.
    Kymmu wrote: »
    for me it's boobs before thighs !! :(
    :s
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Weight from my stomach and thighs is always the last to go, especially as I'm losing after having a baby and that's where I gained it first! It does go eventually and I agree, things like squats, lunges etc help. I find spinning helps too.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    I know for me that weight from my thighs will be the last to go. I don't know that I ever remember them being slim.
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    for me my thighs went first X.X
  • mrsKOrtiz
    mrsKOrtiz Posts: 949 Member
    I have big thighs too and that is no longer one of my fears. I like my thick thighs and so do my man. But no unfortunately you can not spot reduce!!!
  • StarvingAuthor
    StarvingAuthor Posts: 67 Member
    My thighs are pretty much the first place that visually gain weight and the last to lose. Conversely, my tummy visually fattens many pounds later but appears to be the first place I lose. And breasts, well, I don't have enough to know. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
  • higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    Even when I was 102lbs in high school I had thicker thighs. lol. I don't even care about them at this point because I know they'll still be there.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    it will go when it wants to go ..you can't spot reduce..keep losing fat/eating in a deficit, and it will come off….
  • I am facing a similar issue . I have lost uptil now 8 kg
    ive lost fat from every single upper part of my body even my face ,
    But my thighs are still wide ..
    Ive been searching the internet for answers.
    Found out that there is no other way than exercising esp. Lunges
    There is also this body wrap if ur intrested in trying .
    1 tbs coffee
    1 tbs ginger powder half a lemon
    U heat them up then add them to moisturining cream and spread it then on ur thighs abd wrap them with cling film or any plastic and workout then wash it off .
    Tried it for a while acctually not bad results but i got fed up with the mess and the whole wrapping my self in plastic process .
    :)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Keep going. I started at 163 with 26 inch thighs. After losing 27 pounds they've gone down about 2 inches. Still thick.
  • beets4us
    beets4us Posts: 57 Member
    I'm not sure if this is true, but my logic says that you'll see it come off once you get to around the same weight you started putting it on.