Thinking of "starting today"? You might want to check this out - pics inside!

Options

Replies

• DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    ewhip17 wrote: »
    I know the pics are the really important part, so I'll keep it mostly to images for now. They tell the story better than I ever could anyway.

This was actually a couple of years ago. Probably 305lbs. They probably shouldn't have even let me on this ride. I remember this like it was yesterday though.

bjyvl87l90qt.jpg

About 2 years ago. Maybe 310lbs. There were things on this trip that I just couldn't do and I missed out on some great experiences.

70xmdwfqdctd.jpg

Probably no words necessary....

kqzfh8jadn7a.jpg

At one of my kid's soccer games. It's tough being the "fat dad" who can't really participate in the pre-game practice with the other dads.

obpdze0sm8rm.jpg

About 2 months ago. Roughly 210lbs and with new clothes. I wanted to see what they really looked like.

o2kmcmqr23wk.jpg

Taken yesterday. 196lbs. Starting weight was 318.5lbs on 1/1/14.

b02ocg1s44ik.jpg

The thing is, it IS possible. If you can set reasonable goals (I far exceeded even my stretch goals), accept that there are no excuses, understand that you will have bad days, and be prepared to be brutally honest with yourself about your actions and decisions, it is absolutely possible. Just don't ever quit. Ever. Don't start tomorrow. I spent 10 years starting tomorrow. Start today.

Wow!*

• belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this. After seeing your post, I wish I had taken photos along the way, but I will admit as a large man (close to 300lbs myself at one point) I always avoided photos. I just never wanted to see myself. Still with that bad habit, too.

It's excellent you shared this, and hopefully you will get others going who have been procrastinating by showing what they CAN be.
  • Kymsanity
    Kymsanity Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    So inspirational - a brilliant post and huge congratulations to you. Enjoy your run! :smile:
  • fobs13
    fobs13 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    You look great. You could pass for your old selfs much younger brother. It's taken years off you.
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I loved everything, from the description of your journey to the pics, about your post. No one should live their life on the sidelines. It is hard to imagine just how much your life has/will change particularly the wonderful experiences and adventures with your family. Hope 2015 brings even more joy and success.
  • toofatnomore
    toofatnomore Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Great job...you look fantastic...I used to be an "I'll start Monday" guy...like the day is a magic start day or something...
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Well done! Thanks for sharing. B)
  • ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    So inspiring! What a great gift you have given yourself. Enjoy the results and being able to do all the things you want to do. I look forward to hearing your maintenance story next year!
  • ewhip17
    ewhip17 Posts: 515 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Didn't set any records today but finished...

• beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Excellent results and an inspirational thread, great work! Congrats on finishing the 5k, was it in Australia? (upside-down photo)
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Fantastic Job!!! What an inspiration you are and how right you are. I have been starting for 10 years as well but today is different. Thanks for sharing!! o:) (*)
  • Natasha_Fit_Fab
    Natasha_Fit_Fab Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Awesome transformation, thanks for sharing...great job! !
  • ewhip17
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hmmm... try that pic again....

fnln6lsq66yj.png

• ama3387
    ama3387 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Good for you! That's awesome!
  • KatieAlexx
    KatieAlexx Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    wow, you look awesome! congratulations!
  • ewhip17
    Options
    Great job...you look fantastic...I used to be an "I'll start Monday" guy...like the day is a magic start day or something...

Ha I know... I actually made my "official" weigh in days Wednesdays just for that reason. Anything to get out of that Monday rut.

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I spent 10 years starting tomorrow. Start today

You Sir, will be inspiring many others today. You look fantastic, all that hard work paid off!!

+1 for this.
  • jenniskemus
    jenniskemus Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting those pics. Very inspirational. I too have spent many years thinking I would "start tomorrow" and of course I would have my last hurrah before I buckle down which inevitably lead to more weight gain. Anyway it's time to get serious and start today. :smiley:
  • SamT0824
    SamT0824 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Great work! You look wonderful! Now go do all the fun stuff you missed out on! ;)
  • mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing, you definitately show me that it can be done
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!