Thinking of "starting today"? You might want to check this out - pics inside!

Options

Replies

• jennylea70
    jennylea70 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You're a wonderful inspiration! Congrats on all your hard work. You look fantastic!
  • Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    ewhip17 wrote: »
    I'm finding the thought of "maintenance" a bit terrifying. :wink:

I read here that maintenance Is just gaining and losing the same 5 pounds over and over....don't be afraid. You've got this.
  • ewhip17
    ewhip17 Posts: 515 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Mpol2 wrote: »
    I'm finding the thought of "maintenance" a bit terrifying. :wink:

I read here that maintenance Is just gaining and losing the same 5 pounds over and over....don't be afraid. You've got this.

Oh I love that!

And thanks for the comments everyone!
  • tabocrm
    Options
    Wow.. Congratulations! I'm surprised :D
  • silentKayak
    silentKayak Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    I am so glad you can play with your kids now and are off all meds and have eliminated a lot of your problems. I hope my snoring goes away. I have lost 8 and need about 40 more. My knees also make a few weird noises and heels hurt when I first get up to walk. Hoping everything goes away. I am sure your family is loving the new you mostly because you feel better. You are an inspiration to a lot of people. Good luck with the maintenance part.

Heel pain is likely plantar fascitis. See a podiatrist right away for exercises and possibly orthotics. Weight loss is unlikely to make a difference.
  • momamia3
    momamia3 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have to say wow!!!... great work.... I too have spend many days of my life saying I will start tomorrow...now in my 30 's I need to take charge now before even weight packs on... I just started ....again......Feb 1 2015....thanks for sharing ur story
  • TinaGA2015
    TinaGA2015 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting! Very inspirational!
  • ewhip17
    Options
    Thank you!
  • crunchergirl
    crunchergirl Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your amazing success!!!!!!
  • cannh497
    Options
    You look like a totally different person. Congrats on such an amazing transformation. It gives me the extra push I need on those tough days WE all have.
  • AlaskanFitnessGal
    Options
    Such an amazing story. Thank you for sharing. You're an inspiration!
  • znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,989 Member
    Options
    Yeah, been there for sure. In the past I think I got too caught up in chasing motivation when I should have just taken one simple action in the right direction. I think that a lot of times just taking that action, making that gesture, actually turns into motivation. I find myself even doing this with work now as well - when I've been putting something off that I don't particularly want to do I try to stop looking for motivation to do it and instead just do one little thing to get started and before I know it I'm on a roll. Ummmm..... Roll...... ;-)

I have really enjoyed reading through this thread. There are so many pearls of wisdom here. I really liked this one. I find my motivation varies which of course affects my progress. This year, I have made a commitment to log my food every day regardless of where I am, how I feel and what I have eaten. This is my simple action in the right direction. I am far from perfect but I am starting to see the positive benefit in ways I did not anticipate. Thanks for sharing. Your journey is an amazing inspiration.
  • Schillemat
    Options
    Thanks - I got so much inspiration from this site over the past year, I wanted to pay some back.
    Off to do my first 5k today. Crazy..... ;)
    I feel like I have just discovered a whole new world. I have been using this app for about a year now and I never knew how to connect with others like this! Way to go!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    I tell you what, Bradley Cooper should be feelin' some competition ;)
  • ewhip17
    Options
    znaoiec wrote: »
    Yeah, been there for sure. In the past I think I got too caught up in chasing motivation when I should have just taken one simple action in the right direction. I think that a lot of times just taking that action, making that gesture, actually turns into motivation. I find myself even doing this with work now as well - when I've been putting something off that I don't particularly want to do I try to stop looking for motivation to do it and instead just do one little thing to get started and before I know it I'm on a roll. Ummmm..... Roll...... ;-)

I have really enjoyed reading through this thread. There are so many pearls of wisdom here. I really liked this one. I find my motivation varies which of course affects my progress. This year, I have made a commitment to log my food every day regardless of where I am, how I feel and what I have eaten. This is my simple action in the right direction. I am far from perfect but I am starting to see the positive benefit in ways I did not anticipate. Thanks for sharing. Your journey is an amazing inspiration.

Well thanks. And yes - this has been huge for me. Just moving on and continuing the process no matter what happens. Motivation will wane but habit, action and dedication will get you there eventually. Good luck!
  • ewhip17
    Options
    Schillemat wrote: »
    Thanks - I got so much inspiration from this site over the past year, I wanted to pay some back.
    Off to do my first 5k today. Crazy..... ;)
    I feel like I have just discovered a whole new world. I have been using this app for about a year now and I never knew how to connect with others like this! Way to go!

Welcome!
  • ewhip17
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    I tell you what, Bradley Cooper should be feelin' some competition ;)

Baha! Not so sure about that but thanks!

• leechadcrowe
    leechadcrowe Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    what a fantastic achievement well done I'm trying to get fit this year not easy but worth the challenge great inspiration seeing your success
  • ewhip17
    Options
    Thank you sir!
  • w0den
    w0den Posts: 84
    Options
    Just whoa!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!