Thinking of "starting today"? You might want to check this out - pics inside!

Options

Replies

• basicallybrndn
    basicallybrndn Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Wow! Way to be!
  • ckhardeman
    ckhardeman Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!!! You did that
  • shrinkingbrian
    shrinkingbrian Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I also eat a lot of the same food and quantities during the weekdays. It helps with my routine. I try to have some variation but when I was losing weight, I found this helped me a lot. Now that I am in maintenance mode, I allow myself to splurge a little more on the weekends. One suggestion I have is to make sure you add exercise (both cardio and lifting weights).
  • yourradimradletshug
    yourradimradletshug Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    That is awesome and so inspiring to see! Great work!
  • tanyatabone9
    tanyatabone9 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Well done on running the 5k - that is my long term goal too. What an inspiration you are.
    -
  • lisabinco
    lisabinco Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Well said, ewhip17. Fantastic metamorphosis! Thanks very much for sharing.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    abso-funking right...ive been starting tomorrow in fact ive put it in my head now ill be starting tomorrow.
  • palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    You are motivating me to keep going. I haven't lost any weight for about two months, though I am working out each day and really watching my calories. I guess I just have to keep at it. What was the longest you went without losing any weight at all?
  • ewhip17
    ewhip17 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    palwithme wrote: »
    You are motivating me to keep going. I haven't lost any weight for about two months, though I am working out each day and really watching my calories. I guess I just have to keep at it. What was the longest you went without losing any weight at all?

I've gone as long as a couple of weeks, or even three, without losing weight or even gaining. It's very frustrating. Most of the time - for me - I could ease up for a couple of days, eat a couple hundred calories more per day and give my body a bit of a break, and the ship would right itself again. The thing I'm still trying to be ok with is that, so long as I'm being 100% honest with myself about my diet and exercise (and that is the most important part to always go back to first), my body will still kind of do what it's going to do and I just have to have some patience.

• ewhip17
    Options
    I also eat a lot of the same food and quantities during the weekdays. It helps with my routine. I try to have some variation but when I was losing weight, I found this helped me a lot. Now that I am in maintenance mode, I allow myself to splurge a little more on the weekends. One suggestion I have is to make sure you add exercise (both cardio and lifting weights).

Wow. Nice work sir!

• jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Holy cow!!!! You look like a totally different person. WTG! I am so needing to be inspired right now and I think this may have done it. This baby weight has got to GO!
  • Archon2
    Archon2 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Nice results...you can really see the difference in your face. As some others have pointed out, you look much younger too.
  • GodIsGood2Me2015
    Options
    ewhip17 wrote: »
    strive58 wrote: »
    So inspiring. What part of your journey seemed to "make all the difference?"
    Way to go!

You mean like taking the road less travelled by? :smiley:

Grrrr.... MFP just vaporized the post I typed out. Let me try that again.

Couple of things:
    - setting my weight loss expectation at 1-2lbs per week and always keepng that in mind. Kept me sane.
    - Being able to shrug off a bad day. A 1500 calorie Hershey bar and peanut butter incident comes to mind... Tomorrow is always another opportunity to succeed as long as I don't quit today.
    - Pizza. Fitting it in to my day as often as possible.
    - Not making my quest for better health a huge deal. Just going about it just like I would any other activity like going to work or brushing my teeth or mowing the lawn. Not singling it out as anything more extraordinary than any other daily activity.

I like this
  • GodIsGood2Me2015
    Options
    normalcy
  • ewhip17
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Lots of travel coming up this month which is always a challenge but it's very satisfying when I manage to eat well, exercise and lose weight even while on the road (or in the air as the case may be). It's like I won some sort of game.....
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Very inspriring, thanks for sharing! Well done, sir.
  • BElizabeth53
    BElizabeth53 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Wow, congratulations. You are an inspiration.
  • morgo20
    morgo20 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Wow you look 10 years younger!! Congrats!
  • kasslass2
    kasslass2 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Absolutely great! I love the "I spent 10 years starting tomorrow". I can so relate. Thank you for posting. Hoping to be able to do the same on 1/1/16!
  • susancmangubat
    susancmangubat Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!