More Problems Losing

Options

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Ok without getting defensive

Do you accurately Weigh and log every single thing you eat? Not using cups, using a digital scale
    Do you take care in selecting the appropriate entries, choose only member submitted with multiple confirmations, build your own recipes, scan bar codes and double check, check against other calorie databases when in doubt
    Do you log sauces, condiments, oils, drinks

If you can truly answer yes to the above then you clearly are a special case and need to visit your doctor for testing
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    In addition to above it looks like you are using MFP database for exercise burns ...you need to cut these calories in half ...the MFP database overestimates for most people
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Might just be one of the time the person refuses to admit they have errors in there logging or calculating and would rather find they have metabolic disorder to show its not their fault.

I have Hashimoto's (autoimmune thyroid disease), and I started losing once I learned to log everything I eat & drink accurately & honestly.

I lost just like everybody else—by eating fewer calories than I burn.

• bokaba
    bokaba Posts: 171 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I don't think anyone got the joke
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmfepbuMEyw
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    You still haven't answered the question: "Do you use a food scale?"
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    If your logging were accurate, you'd be in ED range of net caloric intake.

There are four days in the past month with a net caloric intake over 1,000 calories ... more days than that under 500 net calories. Take all of the pictures you want, you're obviously logging wrong or you violate the laws of science.
  • Randy589
    Randy589 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Somebody should lock this thread 'til the OP starts using a food scale for everything.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing your food? Looking at your diary, you have some days not logged. How often do you do that? You have OFTEN that you do 25-30 minutes of sit-ups and push ups for 400+ calories, thats excessive.
    All that aside, you keep posting pictures of what you eat. Dude you need some diversity!
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    bokaba wrote: »
    Well, here is everything I ate today. I moved the carrots to dinner because I didn't get to them earlier. Plus there will be another bowl of cereal tonight. I think my log is a pretty darned good representation of this. I can post pictures of the scale display with the food on it if necessary.

5r9xp7shl7ie.jpg
    npa3ohxdxzmx.jpg
    l2t7dcjy9ebs.jpg

You must be joking… Why in the world are you only eating 700-850 calories a day?
  • Artemis2121
    Artemis2121 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Kudos to you for being persistant!! Please DO follow up on the thyroid and check for other possible medical issues, such as diabetes. Any thyroid issues can fluctuate and WILL affect your metabolism, regardless of what you eat. Your house can't stay warm if the furnace isn't working properly or the kids leave the doors and windows open...regardless of the amount of fuel you give it. It can be disheartening to hear comments that you must just be measuring the fuel wrong.

Undercutting calories causes malnutrition and your body hoards what little you give it to keep you alive. I was finally able to start losing my thyroid weight gain by joining MFP. I had to readjust my activity level setting in MFP (was starving when set too low) and the pedometer phone app (which wasn't recording all steps initially). I picked the slowest loss goal to minimize rebound eating. I average very close to the desired MFP calorie count, log everything, aim high for the nutrients, replace most shallow carbs with complex ones, replaced most fats with olive oil, still eat some junk food, use measuring cups, no food scale. Good luck with your efforts, your determination will pay off over time.
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I just read your diary for today and seems to match exactly what you pictured...800 or so calories and all seemed weighed well....I would also encourage a doctor visit assuming you log like this daily and do so well...i do not exercise at all and maintain on 1350 and that is really low for most people!! I would think the weight would be falling off you!!
  • annehutson2
    Options
    Maybe you are eating too little and your body is storing anything it can as fat. I would see the Dr. and tell them what your diet consists of and see if it is acceptable, and if you may have an underlying medical condition that is hindering progress. Good luck. Don't give up. You will find what works for you.
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Weren't you here a month ago talking about a medically-supervised diet? Whatever happened with that?
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Maybe you are eating too little and your body is storing anything it can as fat. I would see the Dr. and tell them what your diet consists of and see if it is acceptable, and if you may have an underlying medical condition that is hindering progress. Good luck. Don't give up. You will find what works for you.

THAT'S NOT HOW THIS WORKS ... AT ALL!!!!!!!!

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    OP, are you using a scale to log?
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    I think you need to seek out the EM2WL (eat more to weigh less) group for advice. If those pictures of a day's worth of food are accurate you're not eating close to enough. You can retrain yourself to eat more but you need to read about it first so that you do it correctly. They helped me and I'm a 64 year old female, 5'7" eating about 1650 calories a day and losing weight even though I only have about 15 more pounds to lose.

At least look into it before giving up.
  • barby6011
    barby6011 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you have thyroid problems and the vitamin d issue. Check out the discussion about low thyroid. Even with meds I have to eat less than required to lose. Good luck