Chicken Breast crockpot/slow cooker recipes anyone?

Options

Replies

• brph26
    brph26 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    My family loves when I make italian chicken in the crock pot. It's one thing that everyone can agree on! lol

4-8 frozen boneless/skinless chicken breasts
    1 packet of dry italian dressing
    1 can cream of chicken soup

I put the chicken in the crockpot, then mix the soup and dry packet together then cover the chicken with that. Turn crockpot on low for about 8 hours or on high for about 4 hours.

We normally have some green beans or corn and rice or potatoes with it.
  • Tomhusker
    Tomhusker Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I like to put chopped onion, chop some red, yellow and orange bell peppers, add a couple of cans of no salt diced tomatoes and a couple large cloves of garlic into a crock pot with a couple of chicken breasts. Add some homemade Mexican seasoning and let it stew for a few hours. I chop the chicken breast when it is done cooking, then serve it all over a plate of brown rice.
  • stephcorona
    stephcorona Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    My favorite recipe using chicken breasts is......
    Crockpot Chicken Enchildas

4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
    8 oz cream cheese
    2 cans enchilda sauce, red or green
    tortilla shells
    shredded cheddar cheese

Place chicken breasts in crockpot, and smother with one can of enchilda sauce and the cream cheese (I just leave it in a block and dump the enchilda sauce on top). Cook on low all day. When ready to prepare meal, stir the chicken well....it will just fall into pieces, and the cheese and enchilda sauce get mixed together. It kind of looks disgusting, but I promise it tastes good.

Spread chicken mixture down the center of softshell tortillas, and roll up. Place seam side down in a 9 x 13 inch casserole pan. You can fit six enchildas in the pan. Pour second can of enchilda sauce on top and cover with shredded cheddar cheese. Bake at 325-350° until heated through, approximately 30 minutes. If you make these ahead of time, you will need to bake longer.

Serve with lettuce, more shredded cheese, sour cream, black olives, etc. to your taste.

The leftover chicken mixture makes great chicken tacos, and this recipe freezes well. You can use low-fat or non-fat cream cheese and whole grain tortillas to make it healthier.

ENJOY!!!!!
  • barbarajean3
    barbarajean3 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I love spicy I put boneless skinless chicken thighs w 2 chilies w/adobe sauce, rice, green peppers, corn, chili powder and pretty much anything else I had in my slowcooker and walked away. 6 hrs later everyone was in love and I still dont remember exactly what I put in it. Point being you pretty much cannt mess up chicken with a slow cooker just play.:laugh:
  • stephcorona
    Options
    bump
  • stephcorona
    Options
    bump
  • hjollyrn
    hjollyrn Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jbond80
    jbond80 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Crock Pot Ranch Chicken
    8 tbsps garlic and herb marinade
    2 tbsps dry ranch dressing mix
    4 breasts, bone and skin removed chicken breasts
    1/4 cup water
    DirectionsPour water in bottom of crockpot.
    Add frozen chicken breasts.
    Combine marinade, ranch dressing mix and pour over top of chicken.
    Cook on low for 8 hours. Serve.
    Yields:
    4 servings
    Prep Time:
    15 mins
    Cook Time:
    8 hrs
    Calories 318

Hope this will help :flowerforyou:
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SarahSmile77
    Options
    bump
  • FabOma08
    FabOma08 Posts: 500
    Options
    Have you tried the Gina's Skinny Taste website for healthy recipes? It's my favorite new recipe site. Here's a crockpot idea for chicken breast. I made this for a potluck dinner for a scouting event, and it was GONE with people begging for more!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2008/11/crock-pot-chicken-taco-chili-4-pts.html

There are other chicken breast crockpot recipes as well.

Enjoy!

What an awesome website! Finally! Real food that's reasonable! In 2 minutes I found several recipes I've gotta try!
  • aam_84
    aam_84 Posts: 46
    Options
    Place 3 to 4 thawed chicken breast in the bottom of the crockpot, cove with salsa ( enough salsa that all chicken is covered and cant see) then cook on low for 6-8 hours. Take breasts out of crockpot and shread with two forks.. place back in crockpot for 5 minutes or so and serve.
    I make chicken tacos/burritos with this or place it on top of a salad! SO EASY AND TASTY!
  • clvdandj
    clvdandj Posts: 76
    Options
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Slow-Cooker-Chicken-Taco-Soup/Detail.aspx

That recipe is amazing. a family favorite of ours!!:drinker:
  • iknowicaniknowican
    Options
    bump:heart:
  • patty9013
    patty9013 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    My favorite recipe using chicken breasts is......
    Crockpot Chicken Enchildas

4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
    8 oz cream cheese
    2 cans enchilda sauce, red or green
    tortilla shells
    shredded cheddar cheese

Place chicken breasts in crockpot, and smother with one can of enchilda sauce and the cream cheese (I just leave it in a block and dump the enchilda sauce on top). Cook on low all day. When ready to prepare meal, stir the chicken well....it will just fall into pieces, and the cheese and enchilda sauce get mixed together. It kind of looks disgusting, but I promise it tastes good.

Spread chicken mixture down the center of softshell tortillas, and roll up. Place seam side down in a 9 x 13 inch casserole pan. You can fit six enchildas in the pan. Pour second can of enchilda sauce on top and cover with shredded cheddar cheese. Bake at 325-350° until heated through, approximately 30 minutes. If you make these ahead of time, you will need to bake longer.

Serve with lettuce, more shredded cheese, sour cream, black olives, etc. to your taste.

The leftover chicken mixture makes great chicken tacos, and this recipe freezes well. You can use low-fat or non-fat cream cheese and whole grain tortillas to make it healthier.

ENJOY!!!!!
    Sounds yummy!! Fixin to write it down and try it!! Thanks!
  • djthom
    djthom Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Condensed cream of mushroom soup & garlic, you can also add baby carrots and small potatos in halfway through.
  • annrum
    annrum Posts: 144
    Options
    Mexican Style Slow-cooked Chicken

Serves 4

4x chicken breasts (skinless)
    Tin of chopped tomatoes
    1/2 fresh pineapple (cut into chunks, or tinned equivalent)
    1 plaintain, sliced (or 2 bananas)
    1 onion, fine chopped
    2 unripe pears, cored & diced
    2x chilli peppers (I used red ones, but adjust according to your preference for heat!)
    1x cinnamon stick
    1 tblsp balsamic vinegar
    1 tblsp olive oil (or your preference)
    3 cloves of garlic, fine chopped
    Salt & pepper to taste.

Marinade the chicken breasts in the vinegar, oil & garlic for about an hour, then sear them so that they're sealed on all sides.

Put all the ingredients into the slow-cooker & let it cook!
  • kje2011
    kje2011 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Throw in one cup of white wine with one packet of dry spaghetti seasoning. I also add in two cloves of reshly chopped garlic, but that's not part of the original recipe. Then just add chicken breasts. Cook until done (usually about 4-5 hours on low.) Remove the chicken and either leave whole or cut it up. I serve it on gluten free pasta or over brown rice. Spoon the "sauce" over the chicken.

I haven't tried it, but I think adding in veggies in the last hour of cooking would be good. Bell peppers (especially sweet red or yellow ones), onion, tomatoes, etc.

I'm not sure of the nutritional value since this recipe I've had for a while. I'll put it into the calculator on here and see what I get! :)
    bump! This sounds like my supper tomorrow!! Thankyou for the recipe!
  • alb_photog
    alb_photog Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    This is fantastic and low cal

http://www.recipe.com/chicken-and-corn-chili/