52 pounds in 52 weeks

Options

Replies

• teresalynn6
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Thank you so much for your inspiring story, you look absolutely gorgeous! I'm much older that you but I'm starting out around the same weight you were at and I was just diagnosed with severe sleep apnea. I noticed that you had sleep apnea, do you still have it now that you lost so much weight? I'm steadfastly dedicated to improving my health this year and I would love not to have to use my CPAP machine for the sleep apnea.

Thank you so much. Yes, my AHI was 87, which is terrible. I'm going in for my checkup next week and hoping for another sleep study so I can get rid of the CPAP. I use it about 50% of the time now. My husband says that I only seem to snore when I have a cold now. When we went on vacation in December I didn't take it with us and had no problems. I used to use it all the time. If I didn't, I would wake up gasping for breath and feeling like I was going to pass out.

My AHI is 35 and I just can't tell you how miserable I felt, like I was dying and I had nightmares every night that I was either drowning or someone was smothering me, just awful. I'm feeling so much better since staring the CPAP, like I'm human again. It's also given me the energy to start to exercise and eating healthy. I am so interested in your progress, can you please update us after you go for the sleep study? Praying you can get off of it and I'm so happy for you that you made such a dramatic change in your life!!! You literally look like a different person!
  • healthymoi2015
    healthymoi2015 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    very inspirational. thank you for sharing. i don't need to know you to be proud of you. :)
  • christhenix
    christhenix Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation. Well done.
  • AudraSky
    AudraSky Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation you look wonderful!! Congratulations!!! Thank you for sharing!
  • mg_adina
    mg_adina Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Beautiful!
  • Espresso345
    Espresso345 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look terrific!
  • HappilyRubina
    HappilyRubina Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I'm the same height as you and have pretty much similar story except my heaviest was 180 lbs. I'm 150 lbs right now and I look nowhere as good as you. No complaints, I know I just need to do some body recomposition. Anyways, what I wanna say is YOU ARE AWESOME! YOU LOOK AMAZING! YOU INSPIRE ME! :)
  • mrsKOrtiz
    mrsKOrtiz Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • saraliininsapo
    Options
    Oh my god that's amazing result! :)
  • SwtKittN
    SwtKittN Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    You kind of look like a completely different person :) Great job!
  • __hannah_
    __hannah_ Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    You look great, keep up the good work! Thanks for sharing your story.
  • ojay85
    ojay85 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    WELLDONE (*)
  • bonboncito
    bonboncito Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • qxana1969
    qxana1969 Posts: 9,330 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your story. I think it's important to focus on our successes, because goddess knows, most of us spend enough time putting ourselves down. You deserve to brag :-)

I've been overweight most of my life. I finally had enough last year and decided I could not afford to make any more excuses. In a year's time I've lost 75 lb. and am just now getting serious about exercising. I have finally gained the confidence to go to the gym, take yoga and even buy workout clothes. This year I would like to lose another 50 lbs. I will say, that thus far, I feel wonderful. I'm follow the quote: "I eat to live, not live to eat" - this gives me power when I'm around foods that I know would be a quick fix but not help towards my ultimate goal.

Congratulations again, you look absolutely fabulous!!!!

Wishing you health and well being,

Amy
  • lcantrell65
    lcantrell65 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration!!! Congratulations on your hard work paying off so beautifully.
  • mimi337
    mimi337 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Your story really is inspiring. It's the "sticking with it" that has bedeviled me from the beginning. I try to stay away from the scale too because one bad scale day and I feel completely hopeless. You are truly uh-maaaazing!
  • deannster1
    deannster1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Fantastic post & congrats on all your hard work. Thanks for sharing your story!
  • dancinginrain
    dancinginrain Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Wow, I am where you were and this time next year I will be where you are now!! Seriously well done you are a fantastic inspiration! Thanks for sharing
  • love2ride0906
    love2ride0906 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow, an awesome story. I am at the highest weight of my life and felt like I could not get a handle on it. You story changed my mind. You look great. It is very inspiring. I will try it. It does not seem much to ask of myself....52 pounds in 52 weeks... please keep your fingers crossed for me. Any words of encouragement from others... please feel free. I'd love to hear from you.
  • mariaoutlook
    Options
    Well done! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!