Help! Please... Looking to loose 70lbs +

Options
xHayley19
xHayley19 Posts: 58 Member
edited January 2015 in Introduce Yourself
I'm Hayley and I'm 20 years old. I am not a new member, I joined last year but fell off the bandwagon...again (I'm sorry) and gave up using this app even though I had most of my success with it last year (although I've gained all that back on and then some!). Instead,I tried slimming world but that demotivated me more, as I found it heartbreaking being weighed in every week and even when sticking to plan and going above and beyond I still wasn't loosing weight. Meanwhile other members were admittedly eating junk food and not even remotely sticking to plan and consistently loosing weight week on week.

Anyway, I am looking to get back on track, I need to stop kidding myself and making excuses and it's time for action! Although I have fallen off the bandwagon, my intentions have always been there. I started playing rugby again in August. This should really help towards getting my fitness up, although I need to take care of my bad eating and especially my alcohol intake, which has substantially increased through weekly rugby socials.

I would really appreciate a wide friend/support group who I can take ideas from and who will basically hold me accountable when I may be weak. Also if anyone is a bit of a foodie and good with recipes too that's fantastic as I'm rubbish, so I get bored causing me to just go back to my old bad habits.

I'd also like to try and help support others and share any knowledge I may have.

Thanks to anyone who offers to help me, as it's really making me miserable.

Replies

• sissyminus70
    sissyminus70 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Hayley. Good luck to you. I'm looking to lose 70 pounds as well. I also understand starting over (again) as I have also been up/down with my weight for most of my life. Wishing you success in the new year :)
  • BL3SS3DFITN3SS
    BL3SS3DFITN3SS Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to lose 60 lbs , feel free to add me. We can do this together!!!
  • shfoster0721
    shfoster0721 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I just sent you each a friend request. I am Steve. I am down 125 in a little less than a year. I would love to help each of you reach your goals. Let's do this.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    I did a newbie help post that includes links to helpful info, including sexypants, logging accurately, motivation, goal setting...

If you're logging accurately, eating below your calorie goal (total, not net - ignore exercise calories), and not losing weight, drop 50 calories & wait a few weeks to see if that helps.

My #1 favorite site for good recipes is Taste of Home. Everything is yummy, and most things are pretty easy. In the top menu bar, hover over "recipes", then in the menu that drops down look to the far right column for "healthy recipes". Also a section on slow cookery.

51637601.png
  • xHayley19
    xHayley19 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    MKEgal wrote: »
    I did a newbie help post that includes links to helpful info, including sexypants, logging accurately, motivation, goal setting...

If you're logging accurately, eating below your calorie goal (total, not net - ignore exercise calories), and not losing weight, drop 50 calories & wait a few weeks to see if that helps.

My #1 favorite site for good recipes is Taste of Home. Everything is yummy, and most things are pretty easy. In the top menu bar, hover over "recipes", then in the menu that drops down look to the far right column for "healthy recipes". Also a section on slow cookery.

51637601.png

Thank you Il check that out now and make sure to add it to my favourites. I lost weight with MFP but I didn't with Slimming world I did initially but then came to a grinding halt. So giving this another go for good this time.
  • NJGamerChick
    NJGamerChick Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I have pretty much the same goal. Been on here for a while and just deleted all my past weigh ins so I could get a fresh start. Feel free to add me if you'd like. You can do it again!
  • Bethany39466
    Bethany39466 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 90-100lbs. I also need some support. Feel free to add me. We can do this!!!
  • Kristle582
    Kristle582 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am 21 and am also not a new member. I have been using this site off and on for the past few months. My goal is to lose about 100 pounds.