Im that girl

Options
I'm the girl who eats as much if not more than her husband. I'm that girl that feels full, but keeps shoveling in the food. The girl who weighs herself and pigs out on food because Heck I haven't gained any weight so lets celebrate. I'm tired of being the over eater. I'm tired of being the fat girl. I'm tired of looking at smaller clothes and wishing I could fit into them. Most of all, I'm tired of being unhealthy. I want a new me, a new start to this new year. I need help.

Replies

• hotjodels
    hotjodels Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    this sounds so much like me a little over a year ago. I'm not going to say I'm perfect now, but I don't gorge myself every day like I used to. its a process getting out of old habits and I'd love to be your friend on here to help motivate you. I'm going to send you a friend request. : ]
  • Tesstax_43085
    Tesstax_43085 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I need the motivation and encouragement helps. My husband likes to say I'm beautiful the way I am but truthfully I need someone to say, look your unhealthy get it together. Friends while doing this I believe will help tremendously. Thanks for the friend invite.
  • Acacia2India
    Acacia2India Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    You said it! Feel free to add me :)
  • DianePK
    DianePK Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I think you are surrounded by like minded gals : ) - I too am that girl girl, working on being an "it girl" or at least a smaller version of me... it's possible if you set your mind to it.
  • Cassmarie28
    Options
    Honestly while reading your post I was honestly thinking " I'm that girl too" if you'd like to add me it would be great if we could encoursge each other.
  • Tesstax_43085
    Options
    Thanks you guys. From some reason I can't click on names and add people. So I will try and add as soon as I can.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I was that girl...the girl who had resigned herself to being just me, to being invisible. The girl who convinced herself when she looked in a mirror she looked ok and that she simply hated clothes shopping. I was that girl who was a mother so it didn't matter that I no longer felt like I was a big part of life,that I was the supportive sidelines

7 months later and I'm not ...I'm fit, strong and happy; I don't get panic or asthma attacks; I don't avoid doing anything and I kinda like clothes shopping

Calorie defecit ...weighing and logging works
    Exercise helps with the mindset and getting to eat more
    Slow and steady

You can do it ...just don't leave it the 15 years of complacent acceptance it took me
  • housenoob
    housenoob Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    if i could like your post I would. beautifully said.
  • Tesstax_43085
    Options
    Thanks for the insight. I too try and tell myself that I'm okay, that my husband is happy with me, and that I won't be that person that has a heart attack at 40. The truth is I'm slowly killing myself by being so unhealthy and I want to see my son grow. I want so much, and I am the only person that can get off my butt and do something. Im depressed but darnnit, doing something about it is my first step.
  • Cassmarie28
    Options
    You've already taken the first steps, you made an account here and you introduced yourself. We all know that those are not easy steps.
  • Tesstax_43085
    Options
    Thanks Cassmarie. :)
  • cdiponio87
    cdiponio87 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Drink water, lots of water, especially 20 mins before eating a meal. You will feel fuller while keeping hydrated.
  • emblu
    emblu Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I was that girl...the girl who had resigned herself to being just me, to being invisible. The girl who convinced herself when she looked in a mirror she looked ok and that she simply hated clothes shopping. I was that girl who was a mother so it didn't matter that I no longer felt like I was a big part of life,that I was the supportive sidelines

7 months later and I'm not ...I'm fit, strong and happy; I don't get panic or asthma attacks; I don't avoid doing anything and I kinda like clothes shopping

Calorie defecit ...weighing and logging works
    Exercise helps with the mindset and getting to eat more
    Slow and steady

You can do it ...just don't leave it the 15 years of complacent acceptance it took me

Yes :) beautifully put hunni and the exercise really does alter your mindset to eat properly x
  • allierat84
    allierat84 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I need the motivation and encouragement helps. My husband likes to say I'm beautiful the way I am but truthfully I need someone to say, look your unhealthy get it together. Friends while doing this I believe will help tremendously. Thanks for the friend invite.

I have the same with my partner, he tells me I'm beautiful as I am and it gives me chance to rationalise eating badly as "well he thinks I look great anyway...". He also likes to buy me chocolate, I need to retrain him as much as myself! :)
  • PLATINUM59
    Options
    You sound soooo like me. I have lost 2 stone this year but have stayed the same for last 2 months. My problem is food and I need to start controlling what I eat again.
  • Turtlesrcool
    Options
    I have a similar problem. I think if nobody can see me eating then it does not count. You can do this and so can I!
  • mrsKOrtiz
    mrsKOrtiz Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I eat as much as my husband and if not more then I hate myself for it. Its just a vicious cycle that we are doing to ourselves. We are our worst self critic!! I am just so tired of me being so negative. That it is no longer a choice. I will not be negative because then I am sabotaging myself and I am not giving myself some hope.

Feel free to add me if you will be an active user of MFP. :) And very much good luck on your journey!
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Me, too. I am that girl. For the first time, I read something from someone on here that really resonates with me. I am not familiar with all mfp has to offer but is there a way we could set up a small group from this thread to connect with each other daily?
  • Lazz5k
    Lazz5k Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I'm that girl that starts going to the gym January 1st.. and quits like the second week in February.. I don't want to be THAT girl anymore
  • FatMama_33
    FatMama_33 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    First I think it's awesome your husband loves you for who you are. And I also understand the internal struggle with that. Bottom line is you need to be happy with the skin you're in and you are lucky to have a partner who will support you.