80 pounds in 1 year, looking to get and give support.

Options
I am a 24 year old female from Alberta. I have a lot of weight to lose and feel fairly confident that I can reach this goal with the right additude and tools.

I truly think that regardless if we are here to lose 10 pounds or 100 pounds, or even gain it for that matter that we all need support and encouragement.

Please feel free to add me as a friend.

Replies

• Cassmarie28
    Options
    Anyone awake at this hour?
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    Hi...I want to lose 70 pounds. You have my support! Feel free to add me.
  • tommiirugby
    tommiirugby Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hey good morning! I am aiming to lose 100lbs this year. feel free to add me! ill be on all day every day!
  • hkgarrigan
    hkgarrigan Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello!!! I really want to lose 83lbs this year and would love support and to give support! So please add me if you want to be a weight loss 'buddy'!
  • Carol_s
    Carol_s Posts: 73
    Options
    Hi, I have a lot of weight to lose. I started using this app a few years back and it really worked, but I let a few difficult life events get in my way and now I'm back to square one.
    I would love some supportive weight loss buddies to go through this journey with. Would also be great to have people who know what it's like to be over weight and that losing weight really is a challenge. Even a mental challenge.
    Feel free to add :-)
  • ReeseJimi
    Options
    Hi! I have a lot of weight to lose too. I have already lost 44lbs but I still need lose about another 130 lbs.
  • Cassmarie28
    Options
    I added all of you!
  • cocoslim1
    Options
    Looking forward to losing 83lbs. I sent you a friend request
  • mrsKOrtiz
    mrsKOrtiz Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!! I have nearly 80 pounds to lose too!!
  • JennyJH
    JennyJH Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming for a 60lb loss. I've done it before but injury and a change in circumstance led to slipping and I've gained everything and more back. So if anyone wants to add me, please do.
  • marlee858
    marlee858 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 60lbs... Sending request.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I would not recommend this.
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    If she has a lot of weight to lose (say 100+ lbs) it is doable because a lot will come off when she starts on her journey. If she doesn't have a lot to lose, then yes I agree it's not recommended.

I lost 75 in one year . . . and then maintained it for a year. Now looking to make my next drop of about 80 over the next 18 months or so. I am still at 250 lbs, looking to hit about 170 give or take. It is doable, it just takes a lot of work and a huge amount of dedication and commitment - and not just on January 1, either.
  • shfoster0721
    shfoster0721 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I am down 125 since January 15 of 2014. Please feel free to add me. I understand the need for support and motivation to reach your goals.
  • mom2mcjc
    mom2mcjc Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hi!! Congrats on setting your goals and taking action! I have a good bit to lose, too. Please feel free to add!!
  • eatnojunk
    eatnojunk Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi there fellow Canadia. I have about 70 but I'm much older but I feel I'm
    on the right track this time.
  • Good morning looking to loose 50 lbs need all the support I can get :-)
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    acorsaut89 wrote: »
    If she has a lot of weight to lose (say 100+ lbs) it is doable because a lot will come off when she starts on her journey. If she doesn't have a lot to lose, then yes I agree it's not recommended.

I lost 75 in one year . . . and then maintained it for a year. Now looking to make my next drop of about 80 over the next 18 months or so. I am still at 250 lbs, looking to hit about 170 give or take. It is doable, it just takes a lot of work and a huge amount of dedication and commitment - and not just on January 1, either.

just because something is doable, does not make it smart.

if someone who is uneducated about fitness (meaning, anything substantial and beyond fitness magazines, tumblr and Pinterest along with middle school health class) wants to dive headfirst into losing 70 pounds in one year - chances are they will not only encounter a myriad of setbacks and set themselves up to fail, but if they reach their goal, they could have tons of psychological issues and depending on how they went about it, a large loss of lean mass and they'll be prime for injuries and regressing into old crappy patterns.

just wanted to leave my own two cents, as someone who got rid of that 100 and successfully maintained it for a couple years so far.

• ContessNicoleDuLancre
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hello and welcome! If anyone would like a supportive friend, feel free to add me.

I was at about 71lbs lost by April of last year, but went through a traumatic event and gained some weight back. I'm currently at 33lbs lost and getting back on track. I have 165 to go! Through the guidance and strength of Christ, anything is possible! :)

Happy New Years, all.

Contessa
  • toiagoia
    toiagoia Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Best of Luck! This is a really exciting time to start an old plan or new plan. I'm glad to see everyones motivation really high.. :smiley: