Which fitness tracker would you think is the best?

Options
cneb
cneb Posts: 12 Member
I'm wanting to buy a wristband to track my steps and give me a more obvious calorie count. I've heard great things about FitBit but, my brother has had two and they haven't worked really well. It will say he burns over 3,000 calories a day with him just sitting there.

I was thinking about maybe getting a Nike FuelBand, but I'm not sure.

Opinions?

Replies

• westonw72
    Options
    My friend has a fuelband and wears it every day. But I used to have a Fitbit flex, the 99$ one. For me, I thought it was cool at first, then I found it more useless and stopped wearing it. All it really does is track your steps. However, my device worked really well and the app (on my Note 3) was sweet. By the way the Fitbit factors in the calories you burn from basic bodily functions, which for most people is around 2000. it estimates that based on your height and weight.
  • allierat84
    allierat84 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I had a fitbit flex for xmas, I really like it but as above poster said it only tracks steps (and sleep) where some of the more expensive ones do more. My fitbit works perfectly, my sister uses a fitbit one and that works great too. I can't comment on any other trackers as I've not known anyone who owns one.
  • acmanna
    acmanna Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I *think* fitbit is great if you like more of a community support. So many fitbit users are also on MFP and the software is fairly easy to use. (This is from what I read..I ordered a fitbit but hasn't arrived yet.) I don't think the nike fuel band syncs to MFP, that is why I went against it. I also thought about the Garmin viofit bc it is waterproof but since I can't go swimming that much anymore (pools here are VERY expensive to go to ;( I skipped the garmin, I also read issues of people having theirs fall off and I lose EVERYTHING! Probably Nike is a good choice if you don't care ab MFP integration. Whatever you decide I'm sure you will enjoy your purchase!
  • caroleannlight
    caroleannlight Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    my fitbit one (clip on not wristband) works well. Easy to use and good integration.
  • Revonue
    Revonue Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Vivofit tracks calories burned throughout the day and can be linked with MFP. It also tracks calories burned during exercise when paired with a HRM. It tracks steps throughout the day.

• Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I got a Garmin Vivofit for Xmas and I am loving it so far. The red activity bar, being waterproof, and not having to charge it is a huge bonus for me. Plus with it being strapped to my wrist I can't lose it. My wife uses a fitbit and is constantly looking for the damn thing :p
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I have a Jawbone Up, but if you're in the market for a long term purchase, I would wait for the Apple watch - and I'll sell you my Up cheap when it comes out. ;-)
  • lakhena
    lakhena Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting for the Apple watch as well.

I used to use a PhillipsDirectLife (discontinued) tracker which I really liked b/c it was waterproof and you could slip it anywhere. I was given a Fitbit one and a flex. Found them both terrible in comparison to the DirectLife. Was told I logged 50,000 steps one day when I went on business travel. I'm definitely not that active!