At Home Exercise

Options
Hi all. I am going to be stuck at home for the next 3 months (I'm on home confinement for drinking a bit too much... don't judge) Anyways, best thing that could have happened to me. I am looking to continue my weight loss journey through some at home exercises. I don't have much room, about have the space of a normal living room. I was hoping for some guided exercise through roku, hulu, or something I could put on the tv. I am not very in shape so keep beginner stuff in mind but am open to anything. Thanks for the help! Happy New Year!

Replies

• Jupither
    Jupither Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I like Jillian Michael's fitness videos a lot. They are mostly on youtube :-)
  • jamieish1984
    Options
    Hey! There are so many things you can do at home....I'm a personal trainer and one day I'll be out of a job I suppose because people will catch on to this fact. If you have Facebook check out Eaton Elite Fitness. They have an ab challenge that is amazing! It's $15 to sign up this time, I did it last month and holy Abs! It's a 15 minute 5 day/week workout and is all body weight exercises. There are LOADS of at home workouts on youtube...not sure of your equipment status so I won't make specific recommendations there. IF you have weights, awesome! If not and if you can get some that's super. Resistance bands I find are really useful at home because there's so many exercises you can do and you don't have to have too much space or other equipment to make it work. Bodybuilding.com is a great resource too. I thought this looked good too http://www.mensfitness.com/training/workout-routines/8-at-home-workouts-to-lose-weight-and-build-muscle.
    Best of luck and congrats on being sober!!! :smiley:
  • Slasher09
    Slasher09 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    befit on youtube has a lot of workouts, fitnessblender is another one. Pinterest has a lot as well. There's also the P90x, insanity type workouts as well.
  • cocoros6
    Options
    HI! Something I seriously recommend is FitnessBlender, you can purchase an 8 week fat loss program for about 15 dollars and they provide detailed hour long videos that really work! I lost about 15 pounds in less than 2 months by following their plan and eating pretty well. The most equipment you'll need are dumbbells and it requires about the space of a standard living room.

If you really don't want to pay for anything, every video on their site is completely free- the benefit of the program though is that they put everything together for you so you don't go into it completely blind. They're definitely not easy but they really work, you'll start seeing results pretty fast.

Also check out their 4 week fat loss program for busy people, they are only about 30 minutes each and are slightly easier than the 8 week program. Good luck with your weight loss endeavors!
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Fitness Blender is awesome. Has weight training, cardio, HIIT, circuit training and more.
    You tube has everything. Dumbbell workouts, Jillian Michaels, cardio and body weight workouts.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Focus T25 is a nice workout program that you can do at your own pace.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Jupither wrote: »

Jupither, I think I accidentally flagged this and I can't figure out how to reverse it on my phone. I'm sorry! I have butterfingers.

• Delilahhhhhh
    Delilahhhhhh Posts: 477 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Fitness Blender have a very wide range of videos. Well done on not drinking by the way. Good Luck!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »

Jupither, I think I accidentally flagged this and I can't figure out how to reverse it on my phone. I'm sorry! I have butterfingers.
    You should be able to unflag it by re-flagging it, if that makes sense :)
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    jemhh wrote: »

You should be able to unflag it by re-flagging it, if that makes sense :)

Ok I think I got it. I was afraid of making it worse.
  • mariaoutlook
    Options
    Just wanna say well done for turning your life around. Focus on solutions, not just the problems and also, thank you for posting.

Keep at it and keep strong! :)
  • writesalot
    writesalot Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to use Leslie Sansone's Just Walk videos and it's easy to get started, does not require a lot of room or extra equipment. My Aunt lost 40 lbs doing these videos at home.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    writesalot wrote: »
    I'm starting to use Leslie Sansone's Just Walk videos and it's easy to get started, does not require a lot of room or extra equipment. My Aunt lost 40 lbs doing these videos at home.

I have 2 of her tapes and still do them every once in a while. She has a great personality.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Can you buy a heavy kettlebell? There are nice 12-week programs on livefitrevolution.org.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Read convict conditioning
  • CA_Underdog
    CA_Underdog Posts: 733 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    rybo wrote: »
    Read convict conditioning

Heh! That would make for a silly twist. :smile:

There are a gazillion things you can do at home. My workout yesterday--

warmup: walking, high knees
    group a: squats, push-ups, lunges, sit-ups
    group b: bicep curls, side lateral raises, hammer curls, calf raises, adv. glute bridges

Stop when every muscle feels it! Recording PRs (like logging calories) make it easier to see when and where and how fast you're making progress.

Avoid any exercises causing pain or where you're unsure about your form! That's one draw-back to no trainer. You don't want an injury to incapacitate you.